cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NAT type 3 whilst tethering PS4, how can I fix this?

JOHNNY84
2: Seeker
Never had this problem until I switched to Vodafone yesterday on PayM contract, please help.
28 REPLIES 28

So have you looked into it? do you have an update?

Dear vodafone are have you solved or find a solution for this nat type problem?

I'm currently having the same issue, 

I switched from the unlimited lite SIM (where I had type 3 NAT) but I could connect to every game, to going to the unlimited max SIM, obviously still type 3 NAT still but I can't connect to online games like grand theft auto for example but call of duty it works completely fine. 

So how comes other networks can do it but Vodafone can't? A massive $b company and they can't speed up tethering. That's very disappointing, especially when I don't have wifi.

The Amanda thing doesn't work by the way I've tried it out and changing the DNS just hasn't solved my problem

JOHNNY84
Hi,

I can connect and download/upload data, but it severely restricts connectivity. I had 3 mobile in the past and did not encounter this problem.
Settings were updated as suggested but still to no avail. Is there anything you can tweak at your end with regards to my account?

Thanks,
Sean

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JOHNNY84 

As this is a restriction put in place by Playstation, it’s not something we can change from our end, on your account.

The Google DNS settings Amanda mentioned above, usually allows unrestricted tethering access as it’s a trusted domain.

There may be other forum users on here, who can offer further workaround suggestions though. :Smiling:

Hi the limitation isn't put in place by playstation but by the ISP in this case Vodafone...  the main reason why this isn't working for people is purely because you provide private IP address to your sim cards instead of public ip address.. therefore the NAT will always be type 3 unless the ip is public then it will be type 2 and if the IP is in DMZ the Nat type would be 1. 

Stop putting this on playstation I was sole my new contract on the basis that I could play online by tethering but clearly that was a lie and I am still waiting for a call from your tech support which still didn't happen!

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Youss94 thanks for getting in touch. We'll need to access your account so we can chase this up for you. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.