Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Resolutions

GazCoolman
2: Seeker

Hey guys,

I recently took an iPhone 5 from you guys and requested it be unlocked by following the form online I recieved an email advising me that it had gone through, I then called your team today and spoke to Alex, to see what was happening and they advised me that there was no record of it on the system he then put it back through for me

Can you tell me what the lead time is, has the original request been lost?

Orginal reference: 2957732

New Reference: 791774

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Gazcoolman,

It's usually around 72 hours, more details can be found in the following article:

How long does it take to unlock my phone from the Vodafone network?

In addition to the article, Apple have been known from time to take longer than the target 72hours, unfortunatly once Vodafone have passed ont he request it's just a waiting game.

One other thing to note with the iPhone you don't actually get a code as such. you should get communication telling you to connect your iPhone to itunes once the unlock has been processed. You will need to do this with another network SIM in to complete the Apple unlock process.

Nabs

Hi Nabs,

I really don't mind the waiting I just don't have faith that the request has been processed correctly since speaking with the CS team.

It would be better if instead of an automated ail they actually replied to emails!

Thank you for the reply!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GazCoolman,

Welcome to the forum!

As Nabs has said above, the request is sent to Apple to unlock the phone and we can’t in any way speed that up.

We can however check to make sure this is with them so I’ve sent you a quick PM. Please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thank you!

I have followed the steps in your message.

Have a great weekend.

wazokpl

I have been incontact with vodaone looking to get an unlock code. I got an email back telling me I needed 3 cleared payments before they could help me. I phoned them and they told me my account is fine and gave me this email address to contact to help me [REMOVED BY MODERATOR], can you now help me withthis problem?

@wazokpl

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a Network Unlocking Code (NUC).

Have you emailed the NUC team using the email address provided? Once you've emailed the team you should hear back from them within 48 hours.

madmat99

Im up to 30 days and 5 or 6 very long phone calls.

form has been submitted 5 or 6 times, lost every time.

##>##

Your post has been edited as the content went against our Community Guidelines.

i am writing them like that as they dont want you to put the actual email address in as they know you will be saying its just an automated response

you will get the same response on all of them no matter what you type.

I tried this a few times!!

is there anyone from vodafone that has any idea whats actually going on there???

Cheers

Mat

Hi @madmat99

I'm going to PM you with some information on how to get this resolved.

Viki

Gjones19857
To whom it may concern,<br><br>I cancelled my contract in August 2016 and I am now looking to unlock my phone. I have done the online form and been in to store but the IMEI number keeps being rejected. Vodaphone seem to have no record on my account of my handset. Please can you tell me how we can resolve this issue
Regards
Gareth Jones