Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Resolutions

GazCoolman
2: Seeker

Hey guys,

I recently took an iPhone 5 from you guys and requested it be unlocked by following the form online I recieved an email advising me that it had gone through, I then called your team today and spoke to Alex, to see what was happening and they advised me that there was no record of it on the system he then put it back through for me

Can you tell me what the lead time is, has the original request been lost?

Orginal reference: 2957732

New Reference: 791774

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gauthamece

Sorry to hear your issue's not resolved yet.

If you've emailed us, please let us know the reference number (#123456) from the automated reply and we'll take a look. 

Please help I have tried to email nucresolution@help.v------asking for assistance. I have only last week purchased an iPhone se from cash converters I told the assistant that I use Vodafone in Australia as is locked to Vodafone U.K. and he called Vodafone and they said would be no problem to use Vodafone sim in Australia but it dose not seem the case,now I'm back in Australia it seems impossible to use a U.K. Vodafone sim for the 30 day verification thing  , please pleawe help me resolve 

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DocHarra We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC).

gauthamece
@Alex, @rahim - No, my issue hasn't been resolved yet, it has been over 4 weeks and I am getting nowhere with my request to unlock the phone.. I have sent numerous emails and have spoken with customer support multiple times. I got a couple of emails from the NUC team (from Tanvi Shah and then Anand Kumar Patel). They sent me a NUC, but it was a wrong one.. the last communication I got from them was 9 days back (with the wrong NUC). I've sent a few emails after this, but no reply from them. Can you please help. Thanks.

gauthamece
@carly

Thanks for the message. Sorry about re-pasting my previous message. This is the reference number from my email conversations with the NUC team: #15181699

I've sent several emails after they sent me a wrong NUC, but I haven't heard anything back. I will be grateful of you could sort this out for me please. Many thanks.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gauthamece

Sorry to hear you're still having issues getting your network unlock code (NUC). 

So we can look into this, I've sent you a private message. Please follow the instructions provided and a member of the team will shortly be in touch.

My wife and me bought two used iphone 5 during our stay in GB last year. We have used them with Vodafone prepaid cards. Being back to Germany our german vodafone cards are not accepted, the UK prepaid works.

Via Facebook I was send to a "Network unlock request form".

After filling out the "Network unlock request form" I got an email without any useful information. I am told to check IMEI - which is correct - and that I need to have a Vodafone (UK) SIM in the phone - which I have.

Please tell me what to do to use our phones with Vodafone Germany.

Regards,

Marco

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mpunkt

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi Vodafone

I have an iPhone which was on Vodafone for two years and has now been replaced.  I've gone through the NUC process and duly recieved the email saying "All is well".  I've connected the phone to iTunes to complete the unlock process and it comes up with an error.

" The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

Thinking I must have done something wrong I redid the NUC form and recieved an email telling me that the phone is already unlocked... but Apple don't agree!

How do I fix this please?

Thanks

Rob

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ansellrk - I’m sorry to hear you’ve had problems unlocking your phone.

Do you have a Vodafone UK SIM in the phone when you’re completing the unlocking process?

When you connect to iTunes, you’ll need to have a non-Vodafone SIM in the phone.

If you’ve done this using a different SIM, please contact us by following the steps in the private message I’ve sent, so we can look into this further.