Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code

geoffbrinsden
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Manoj

Hi Manoj. I have been advised by my local Vodafone shop, and sevral of ypur colleagues in the call centre, to contact nucresolutions (email address given) with reference number 1928020, to try to resolve a 4 month problem with trying to unlock my phone.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:28, Mar 31:
 There does not appear to be any such email address.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:28, Mar 31:
 Can you help?

Yes, so that I can use the handset in Mexico, with a local provider.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:32, Mar 31:
 I have tried to get this unlocked in November of 016, but did not receive an email of the NUC code, nor proper advice as to how to procede.
Manoj
 at 18:32, Mar 31:

I have an email from Vodafone, dated 31-11-16 saying that a NUC had been issuded, and that I was now not able to unlock my phone to avoid fraud issues.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:34, Mar 31:
 Yes i applied on line in mid October, received nothing until i chased at the end of November, to then be told that my phone ahd been unlocked.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:35, Mar 31:
I then went to MEXICO, BOUGHT A LOCAL SIM PLAN, BUT IT WAS NOT RECOGNISED FROM THERE,:
 I spent a great deal of money, calling your call centre from Mexico, and ended up using Skype to chat to one of your colleagues. The conversation should be on my Account file (i downloaded a copy)
 Every call has resulted in different advice, and I have now returned to the UK, yesterday, and an trying to get my phone unlocked, before I return to Mexico.
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:40, Mar 31:
 A colleague of yours texte me the email contact and the reference number today, advising me to contact Resolutions team, but it does not seem to be possible.

at 18:42, Mar 31:

telephone number is 07917xxx528
geoff Brinsden
 at 18:42, Mar 31:
 My Name is Geoff Brinsden
Manoj
 at 18:45, Mar 31:

Manoj
 at 18:48, Mar 31:
I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
 geoff Brinsden
 at 18:49, Mar 31:
 I understand. This is a complicated situation to resolve.
Manoj
 at 18:51, Mar 31:
Geoff, thanks for understanding
 Manoj
 at 18:52, Mar 31:
We're sorry to let you know that our systems are currently being updated, so we won't have full access to your account to help you best, we can still help you with general queries, or if it's more convenient for you, you can kindly try and contact us back later, we'll be delighted to further assist you once our systems are back on.
 geoff Brinsden
 at 18:54, Mar 31:
 When do you suggest that I contact , and is there a cutoff time tonight, beyond which I will not get help to resolve this? Also, why cannot I contact the email address for resolutions help that I was advised to contact?
Manoj
 at 18:55, Mar 31:
I would suggest you to please contact to our dedicated handset support team
 Manoj
They will check your account and help you with that
 Manoj

How can I get in touch with the NUC resolutions team, to resolve this increasingly frustrating situation.????

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @geoffbrinsden

I can Appreciate why you're frustrated. 

May I ask has your phone ever been replaced by an insurance company or manufacturer?

Phone unlocking really needs to be completed whilst in the uk as Vodafone cannot guarantee that the unlocking code will work while abroad. The exception being an iPhone as this type of phone does not unlock via a code but by hooking up to iTunes once Apple have completed the request made by Vodafone. 

As The Vodafone Nuc Resolutions Department is not customer facing there is no phone number for the public to use. 

Contact is made via email. 

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K.

There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team here who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a poster knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Can you please await their contact with you as I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@geoffbrinsden I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.