Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network??? Imei

Sammyjayne93x
2: Seeker
I have a iPhone 6 from the Carphone warehouse with a Vodafone simcard. Before I put the Vodafone sim in I put my old simcard in first. Does Vodafone still have my IMEI without the sim ever being in the device ??
16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

An IMEI is registered in your Vodafone Account not a Sim Card. 

What at typically happens is when a person inserts their SIM card and starts using the phone the IMEI number updates on their systems. Or a person can ring Customer service and ask them to manually update the imei on their systems. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Sammyjayne93x

The IMEI will not show on your account as being associated with the phone  until you have used the combination on the network.

Was the old sim that you put in the phone also a Vodafone sim? The iPhone from CPW will always lock itself to the network of the first sim inserted.

Sammyjayne93x
Ahh my old sim is on giff gaff. So are you saying that my new iPhone from CPW will lock itself to my old sim? Would I need to get in touch with Vodafone to update my IMEI?

Oh dear !

Yes iPhones bought from CPW lock out to the first sim inserted. 

Vodafone won't be able to help you on this. 

Current Phone  >

kids

If you used the gif gaff sim first then the phone is now locked to them.

You will have to contact giffgaff to unlock your phone.

Sammyjayne93x
What about the IMEI? How will I get the IMEI linked to Vodafone?

Sammyjayne93x
The Vodafone simcard is a contract that's all

You could use the Vodafone SIM card in another unlocked phone or one that's locked to Vodafone but that would latch the imei of the phone your using. You won't be able to latch he imei number of the iPhone because it won't accept the Vodafone SIM card. 

Good luck with Unlocking through GiffGaff. You may run into issues as you've not sourced it through them and CPW won't unlock it or accept it back.  wouldn't engage with you either over a Network locked phone. According to their forum iPhones supplied by GiffGaff are supplied unlocked so they'll know you didn't get it from them and may not be able to assist. 

Current Phone  >

Sammyjayne93x
Ahh, so would Vodafone not already have the iPhone's IMEI with it being contract or have I goosed it up 😫