Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SIM, no service

hoonosewot
2: Seeker

Hi

My contract with 3 ends in the next 2 days, and i decided to get a SIM only monthly contract with Vodafone as the signal is much better in my area.

Unfortunately the first SIM that i ordered wasn't a microsim like i need for my IPhone 4 (totally my fault), so after trying and failing to trim it down properly i trekked into town to the Vodafone store to get a new one. The guy was really helpful and sorted me out with a new MicroSIM promptly and said he'd linked it to my account.

He said it should be working in 10-15 minutes, however it's been over 4 hours now, and when i put the SIM in my phone i still get "No Service" at the top. I've tried turning it off and on a lot with no success. The other suggestion i saw was to activate the SIM online (though it seems it should have been activated in store anyway, particularly as a pay monthly SIM). Unfortunately i can't register online as i don't know my new number yet and have no signal to receive the security code text anyway.

Can anyone remotely check the status of my SIM and see if it's active? Having my phone is very important for my job and my 3 contract is about to expire in 2 days, as is the PAC code i got to transfer my number with.

Thanks

Dan

9 REPLIES 9

hoonosewot

24 hours now and still no service. Anyone any ideas?

Hi hoonosewot,

Has the SIM activated for you?

Anything going through our network such as a SIM registration can take up to 24 hours. Usually it takes an instant, but sometimes it can take a little longer.:smileytongue:

If it's still not activated, you can find instructions how to contact us here.

Cheers

Ian

I have taken a new SIM and have got a message that the SIM has been activated. The mobile shows vodafone SIM but NO SIGNAL. Can you help

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@govprasad

That's a strange one, we'll need to check what's going on with this.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us, once you've followed this we'll be in touch.

Kelseyleigh
Hello I received my iPhone six this morning put my new pay monthly sim that I got with it and it's saying no service ?

Hi @Kelseyleigh,

You'll need to activate your SIM card here.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Kelseyleigh
@Matt_B.. It's telling me I need to put in my old sim number.. I don't have an old sim

Kelseyleigh
I don't know my mobile number either?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Kelseyleigh

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can help get this sorted.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny