cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iPhone 6 is so disappointing, intermittent problem no signal and wifi dropping out.

Scar1971
3: Seeker
Gosh I'm so disappointed with my new phone. Compared to my iPhone 5 the 6 is dreadful! Signal is poor or non existent, wifi drops out for no reason. 3G/4G are at times so bad and I'm comparing it to my 5 at same locations as well as iPad on O2 network. Went to store changed sim, which had made no difference! And man, how many times have I called and messaged Vodafone in the last 3 days...... I've lost count!!!!!
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Does this happen everywhere or at home. If at home check your masts. 

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Regarding Wifi connection is this on your home router or when you connect to all options of wifi like coffee shops. If at home try choosing another wireless channel. 

If you have an Apple Store local you could get it looked at via a https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment or if you acquired it through Vodafone you have 14 calendar days of owning it to get it swapped out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Scar1971
Thanks but it's not just at home but in a number of places I regularly use my phone and I have tested my old iPhone 5 as my partners now using it on VP so can compare. That works for wifi and network.

I bought it from vodaphone but ##~## they are ridiculously difficult to get through to. Spend 40 mins on hold yesterday x2 and finally go through on chat and they couldn't help. But offered to arrange a ring back for today at 10am ......,., they still haven't called. Really annoying

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

Have you considered visiting an Apple Shop via an appointment 

How long have you owned the iPhone 6 ? If under 14 days and if bought from a shop take it back. 

If online then speak to Live Chat via a Computer and they'll send a returns bag. 

More info here

Current Phone  >

Scar1971
Thanks. Yes I got it from vodaphone. So I can return it. But I really want the iphone6. Is this likely to happen again.

BandOfBrothers

I can only speak from experience. I've been using iPhones since the iPhone 4 and haven't had an issue (yet)

Defective units will happen. To be affected again would be extremely unlucky. 

Current Phone  >

My own experience, having moved from android to iPhone 6 has been good so far, no problems at all. Plus the fact that iPhone ties in so seamlessly with my MacBook pro it's been a great experience. As stated previously faulty units do occur as with anything electronic. From the symptoms it almost sounds like a problem with the antennas (laterally thinking). I would get the handset replaced and see how you get on.

DD
11: Established
11: Established

My Mrs has had the same issue with WIFI dropping (think it's a common issue). IOS 9 seems to at least helped with this. 

Have you updated to it and if so are you still having the same issue. 

You get 12 months warranty so if it's still happening it could well be a faulty unit which should get replaced. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.