Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iPhone 6 plus rear camera focus broken

roozor
1: Seeker
Had my iPhone 6 plus 64gb for just less than a month now. Rear camera focus has stopped working. Tried rest settings, restore firmware and updated to a new 8.3 firmware. Nothing seems to work.

As this is a suspected hardware failure, would I take this back into an Apple Store or a Vodafone shop? Can I get it exchanged on the day?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there

YOu can take your phone to your nearest Vodafone Store so that they can send it off for repair.

You can also make an appointment to see a Genius at an Apple Store, and see what they can do for you.

PWIAC

roozor
1: Seeker
Thanks. Will the Vodafone shop exchange it on the day or will apple? Looking for the quickest swap over as I use my phone for work all the time.

drey_p

The Vodafone shop will send it off for repair, they won't exchange it unless it is beyond repair.

The Apple Store may exchange it, but the final decision rests with the person you deal with on the day. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi,

My experience is that if it's not repairable in house in the  store Genius Bar and is hardware based ,and not user introduced such as water damage etc they swap it out in store.

Make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ and please do create a back up to iCloud and iTunes on a computer before you attend the appointment so you can download a fresh back up to the replacement iPhone.

Please let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If you've had it less than a month, demand a refund or replacement, if it goes off to repair it may take ages and they probably wont give you a phone to use whilst in repair.

drey_p

@Bluey4543 wrote:

If you've had it less than a month, demand a refund or replacement, if it goes off to repair it may take ages and they probably wont give you a phone to use whilst in repair.

Vodafone's procedure will only allow a replacement if the phone is deemed beyond repair.  It will need to be assessed by the repair centre. 

If the phone is dropped off into a Vodafone store, the staff there may be able to offer a loan device, subject to availability.

PWIAC

Vodafone's procedure is secondary to Consumer Regulations, it is something the staff would do well to learn.

Check the Op's post again, the phone is less than a month old, therefore it is the OP's choice whether he wants a refund, replacement or repair, not Vodafone's.

drey_p

And as long as Vodafone are offering a repair, they are fulfilling their obligations.

PWIAC

Not in the circumstances outlined by the OP they are not.