Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone,SIM activated-NO service

Davesquadheavy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello All

I recieved a new phone yesterday and activated my new SIM (12 hours ago)i was told to switch off for 5 mins and back on. I am still with out service. I wouldnt mind but the guy told me i was a "loyal" customer and that he would speed things up for me. It should not take this long, has anyone expirienced this to? HELP

Dave

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Try connecting the iPhone to iTunes which may help to activate the iPhone. 

If your sim has not activated after 24 hours please make contact with Vodafone Customer Services. 

For Account Access and Account Enquiries please speak to Vodafone Customer Service on 191 from your mobile phone - Or use a Landline to ring them. Contract Customers : tel:03333040191 and Pay As You Go Customers : tel:03333048069 All information in http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

You can input your Vodafone mobile number after prompted or if issues exist where it won't recognise the number then you can opt to ignore the initial prompts when using the Vodafone LandLine Number option to input a mobile number, and then on approx the 4th attempt it should then change to ask to input 1 for Payg or 2 for Contract Customers.

General enquiries: Monday to Sunday 8am – 9pm

Live Chat Option found in the 'Contact Us' Link at the foot of the forum page. Please use a Computer to use this service. You may need to leave the Live Chat window page open a short time for Live Chat to initialise and for an Agent to become available.

Live Chat - Also if your using a Smartphone or Tablet it sometimes does not open the Chat Window so if your phone / tablet allows it try requesting the Desktop Site, or Please try using a Pc or Mac to use this service. You may need to leave the Live Chat page open a short time for Live Chat to initialise. By using Live Chat you can also keep the chat logs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How often does it take 24 hours though. Especially as i was told i was a LOYAL customer and he would push things through for me!???

Hi

Ive known activations take that long as well as Sim Swaps that move a number and Tariff from one SIM card to another take 24 hours. One took me two days to complete. 

I'm not privy to Vodafones systems so how the employee would speed up the process Im unaware of. If this was possible I could then see the systems being pushed to meltdown. 

And more posts on here saying “ I Was promised a faster activation than the usual process. ”

Current Phone  >

Thank you for the replies. Yeah i feel like he must of just gambled that it would work after our conversation and gave me the line about being "loyal"

You're Welcome. 

Its possible the employee did what they could to ensure everything was set up correctly on their side thus meaning no delays on their part on setting this up. 

And Yes 'Sales Patter' will have been a factor. 

Current Phone  >

Been with Vodaphone for 18 months and signed for another 12, thus far customer service has been good and honest! Hence the renewal! Hope i get service soon!

I'm sure you'll get sorted out asap so you can start to enjoy the Vodafone Services , your Tariff allowances and new iPhone (nice choice by the way.) I use the iPhone 6 Plus. 

Just out of curiosity did you try hooking up to iTunes as suggested ?

Current Phone  >

At this moment i have no hooked it up to iTunes as this was not suggested to me! Do you think that could have something to do with it ?

Hi

It is suggested as a trouble shooting tip and is explained via  here

Current Phone  >