Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nightmare upgrade to iPhone 6

a_picken
3: Seeker
I renewed my contract for 24 months in the Metro centre Vodafone store on 13th September 2014. I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64gb space grey handset on the £53.50 per month price plan. The Vodafone employee said that I could collect the handset on Friday 19th September at any time. Subsequently I made a 66 mile round trip to collect the phone on Friday 19.09.14 only to be greeted by a rude employee (the store manager) who was extremely poor at customer service. He told me that I should have been told that I would receive a call saying the handset was in store. However, this wasn't what I had been told the week before when I ordered it. They had lied to me and misled me.
-I spent several hours on the phone that weekend to their customer service team who were equally as poor at giving good customer service. They were unable to resolve my frustration. I am yet to receive a call back from the Metro centre store despite numerous voicemails. I have been on the £53.50 price plan since 13.09.14 but am yet to receive the handset. This is disgraceful.
-Also I was supposed to be on the Vodafone employee discount scheme yet this does not appear on my price plan.
-To make matters worse, I was told by customer services on Monday 22.09.14 that I had to go back to the store regarding my order. Adam, the assistant manager of the store, told me that he couldn't find my order and thus I had to go to the back of the queue for the iPhone 6! This would take at least 6 weeks to resolve. I am out of pocket by £20 in petrol and wasted hours upon hours in phone calls and travel time.
-On Monday 22.9.14 whilst I was in the store i contacted Vodafone upgrades and they reordered me the handset. However I found out a few days later that no order had been placed! A new order then had to be placed.
-I spoke to Phumile in Vodafone customer complaints who promised to give me unlimited data for 6 months but the next day another person contacted me to say I could not have that offer as it was a mistake.
- Then on Friday 26.9.14 after having just placed the order for the 4th time I received this text message from Vodafone:
"Just to let you know, your recent order's been cancelled. We've not taken any payment for your order." I waited in hold to speak to vodafone about this and was told s manager would phone me back. To date I am still waiting.

-In summary, I am a premium Vodafone customer who has been on a red xl package for 2 years and have renewed my contract for a further two years guaranteeing them at least £1500 of business. They have treated me very poorly and have merely credited my account with 1 months free line rental. They have caused me huge inconvenience and this hasn't helped the anxiety and depression I am currently on the sick for. They have wasted my time and money on have to travel to the store and ruined my weekends as I have spent large parts of it on the phone to them without any resolution. The phone is now out of stock and i am paying £10 per month on the new price plan with no idea when the handset will arrive. Shocking Vodafone!
10 REPLIES 10

steve86
4: Newbie
1 word.... HAHA!!

a_picken
Hilarious

DD
11: Established
11: Established
Welcome to the club of premium unsatisfied customers. Just wait for the generic response to raise the issue via an email link or call 191 so they can further waste your time.

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi a_picken,

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

So that we can look into everything further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny

a_picken

Please call me on (removed for security)

steve86
4: Newbie
@a_picken I'm sorry, I have to apologise for that last post I put, my immature little brother thought he would log on under my name.
Anyway I'm kinda in the same boat, I ordered my 64gb iPhone plus on 23rd Sept and I have no idea when I will receive my phone, my expected delivery says between 6th-20th Nov and I'm hoping this is worst case scenario, can anyone who has waited and received their phone recently confirm how long roughly I will wait?

a_picken
Well I cancelled my order and re ordered the silver 128gb iphone 6 and am receiving it tomorrow as the space grey is on back order

cvtrl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have just experienced their upgrade service and totally sympathise - if i had read these reports i would never have renewed with vodaphone

i recieved notice to be in the house week of 21st September (8 to 6.00 pm) for delivery of the iphone 6 - surprise no iphone turned.

when i rang up i was told it was a mistake but its really a result of Apple not making enough phones - call took 25 minutes - failed to get any empathy for my lost day

last week i got my bill which had the upgrade cost already charged from the day of order - unreal as still no sign of the phone

call took 25 minutes did recieve a more sympathetic response and some small credit

but in summary i have felt the customer service is absolutely shocking - the worst I can recall in quite a while

Quite agree re the service , next time I will buy direct from Apple , Vodafone shops are useless.