cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Mobile Data since Sim change - for over 7 days, even with numberous help desk calls

jamesfletcher1
2: Seeker

Hi,

I upgraded my phone from a 4s to a 5s over a week ago. As I was out of contract the store at myself and wifes request signed us up so I would be ender the wifes contract to get the 15% family and friends discount (i.e. ported the number over).

Anyway, number got ported over eventually to the new sim card - however ever since then I have had no mobile internet.

I am unsure of a) the status of the switchover of the contract, or b) having read some of the scripts if I have been put onto paygo or im in some hole between the cracks awaiting the move from my account to the wifes account.... anyway - point being I have been trying to resolve the issue with the helpdesk for over a week - a call a day so far....

So in summary......

I am told there is NO REASON on the account why i should be barred mobile internet.

I have the issue in ANY LOCATION. I can also confirm that my identical work phone on vodafone has E, 3G and gprs all working fine when sat next to my personal 5s.

I have rules out the phone being the issue by swapping my work SIM our of the work phone and placing it in my personal phone... gave me 3G straight off... I have also put my SIM in my work phone and recieved no mile data.... in addition to this ...

I have been sent 2 MORE SIMS and have swapped to these over the past 10 or so days.... AGAIN NO RESOLUTION OF THE ISSUE...

therefore its NOT THE PHONE and its NOT THE SIM card....

So will SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT THAT NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO SPOT...

as it is the complaints in and im awaiting a call from a Manager to tell me what is going to happen next but if anyone can PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me whats wrong as its doing my F nut in.

as an aside, I am told that all off my discussions and attempts to resolve the issue have been typed into the account database so theres probably a book worth of background information in there from the poor sods who keep having to put up with my despondent calls for help

Regards

James

24 REPLIES 24

Hi jamesfletcher1,

I’m glad this is now resolved for you.

If you’d like us to take a look at your account to get this fed back and check why, please click here to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma

looking forward to the response as of yet no response from the complaints team...

Hi jamesfletcher1,

I’ve searched for your email by the address you’ve registered to the forum with.

You’ve sent it to a different team, they’ll be in touch as soon as they reach it.

Thanks,

Sarah 

FazMosh

JAMES

Buddy

You are not alone.

Vodafone made my life hell too - trying to do something similar.

They seem to have a hole in their service we both found it.

When I tried to upgrade to 4G to use with my iPhone 5S on-SIM only I also wasted 2 weeks with no data. Unlike you, they never managed to et mine fixed and I had to return the contract. 

But to make matters worse, they managed to cut me off the network altogether.

Looks like Vodafone are not the quality service they once were.

Perhaps time to move to another provider.

Hello Team,

I've been having the same issue for last 27 days with no joy. I'm sure i'll be the most patient customer you'll ever have. I'm spending atlest an hr everyday and taking me through the same loop.

Hello @AAndrews

I understand your frustration at this. 

Please speak with our Live Chat through this link and we'll fully investigate this. 

Louise

It will  be two months on 21st dec and I still  have no data after my bill was messed up bu vodafone. I have since made numerous calls every other day and many promises being made but end result - STILL NO DATA.

I am mazed how my case has been handled  and how can a company spend 2 months and still not be able to resolve the issue.

How can i cancel as I need to have a phone which i can use and which I have not been able to for last two months?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@parad1gm Sorry to hear about your experience. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted us. 

Please help!

Same problem here.

Not the phone

Not the sim card.

Stopped when added order to my account as need new sim card.

Upgraded in September 16 no probs since, but someone did not close the order and when another order added it ##~## data up.

Met another customer in the shop with exactly same problem and his had been going on for a month with no resolution.

Two weeks now, no data.

Super users in Vodafone can't fix it

Vodafone store cannot fix it.

They know it's my account that is the issue, but cannot resolve it.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ndsblack

It's a shame to hear this.

Are the team still looking into this for you?

If you send us your email reference number, it should look something like this [#123456], we'll be happy to chase this up for you.