Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No iMessage

User2604
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I can't get iMessage to work in various places. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Forcing me to send texts which always go through.

Sometimes i get texts half hour or an hour after they've been sent.

Is this a signal problem?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Texts maybe a signal problem yes. 

imessage works off a good strong Data connection so if yours or the other persons data connection on their iPhone dips then it will go as a green normal text. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

If you're encountering the problem over both a good data connection (where your phone says 3G or 4G) and also when on WiFi then it could be a settings problem on the handset.

Are you updated to the latest version of iOS? (go to General > Software update to check)

Some people have also fixed problems by reseting / reconfirming their time zone (go to Settings > General > Date and Time > change your location then change it back again (to London, for example)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks for the replies. It always happens when I'm out (ironically near the Vodafone mast) 

i don't tend to have issues at home where it always defaults to iMessage. 

Weve had signal issues in the area before so I just wanted to check if that was again the problem. 

Will try the things youve mentioned. If still no joy would it be worth contacting Vodafone again?

Many thanks 

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@User2604

It sounds like this could be due to coverage issues. Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers to the network board and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.