Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No iPhone and no explanation

tommytucka
3: Seeker

Hi guys, I've been browsing the forums since I pre ordered the iPhone 7 and I've found it quite interesting. I ordered my iPhone (Jet Black 128gb) 14/9/2016 so I was never expecting it to be delivered on 16/9. On friday morning I got an email from DPD saying my package would be delivered that day, and true to their word it was. Your phones will turn up people, I just think you all need to chill out and relax a bit, maybe step away from this forum and go outside your houses. All this 'Email to the CEO' stuff is very childish like a baby spitting its dummy out, there are more important issues going on in the world than a middle aged man who hasnt recieved the new iPhone to show to his mates down the golf club, Anyway, thats my rant over, back to enjoy my new iPhone.

3 REPLIES 3

Verdandi37

Says the guy on his phone...It's not really childish considering (I for the least) some people with health issues have sold phones on the premise they would recieve a new one ON THAT day and are now housebound with no phone as their phone was a lifeline and the vodafone company will not allow to take an additional line, do not have money to BUY a phone as saving it for the bill for the new phone 😕

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

An iPhone release / launch always generates a frenzy whipped up by Apple's Keynote, rumours online and the media and blogs which then goes onto make people want / need it.

The subject then from this of availability of models, colours and storage capacities then ensues. 

Pre Ordering in my understanding does not guarantee a phone on launch date. 

That said it's reasonable for a person who's made the decision to upgrade / Pre Order to want that phone when indicated. There really should be some further guidance on these Pre Ordering pages that says it's not a given that a phone will be supplied due to stock levels / availability. 

Posts on the eforum, other forums and Apples own forum show this in regards to failed orders. In my humble opinion the Networks should accept a Pre order for one when they can attach a phone to it. I understand the Network will want to take as many pre orders and New Contracts on as possible.

People rightly crave updates and new information so do reach out to forums to engage with other people in the same or similar situation. There is nothing wrong with Venting and it can help to release the stress.

When I'm speaking to people who want the new model of iPhone on Pre Ordering / launch I advise to be aware nothing is guaranteed when Pre Ordering and there will be shortages and hiccups and to ensure they have a back up phone.

I appreciate people want to sell their current phone to generate some disposable income to help pay for upfront handset fee's, bills or accessories. In those circumstances maybe a family member, friend or work colleague(s) has a spare phone knocking around in a drawer.

I hope the people that are waiting on there phones get them asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If I order on launch day and I'm told that it *will* be delivered on the 16th then I would reasonable expect it to be delivered on the 16th. Why I am I supposed to second guess it, Vodafone are the company with experience in this, if they didn't *know* I would get delivery on the 16th they shouldn't have told me that I would.

Furthermore, on failing to meet that date they should, at the very least, send me a text/email to let me know that they aren't going to meet that date - and do it *on the day*.

And yet further, on contacting them on the day, they shouldn't lie and say that my phone is out for delivery, when it wasn't. Thankfully I didn't believe them and take the day off work as some day.

Yes; it's only a phone, you're quite right, and I can wait, you're quite right there too. But being conned and lied to is never a good experience and I don't see why any of us should just accept that sort of practice as just one of those things.