Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No iphone 6 signal - just "searching"

iphone6help
2: Seeker
I got a new iPhone 6 on Saturday. It was set up in the Vodafone shop, sim registered and PAC swap started. Initially I had signal but once the phone had been set up fully from the back up of my previous iPhone 5 (which was on O2) the signal went and just "searching" appeared in the top left corner. Saturday night (around 10pm) some signal did appear but disappeared again when I switched the phone back on. Sunday saw no signal at all until magically at around 9pm suddenly some signal appeared. Fearing losing the signal again I didn’t switch the phone off until my signal went on Tuesday on my o2 phone indicating that my PAC transfer was a success. To test that the pac transfer was a success I popped my iPhone 6 sim into a friends Vodafone iPhone 5s and found that not only had my number transferred but that I had signal. This confirmed that my sim was not the problem as it worked in another phone. I assumed (wrongly) that the lack of signal up till now had been due to the PAC transfer so I restarted my iPhone 6 new the voda sim and again was just left with searching in the top left hand corner. I then tried my friends voda sim in the iPhone 6 and this also didn’t find signal. Spoke to customer services who confirmed that it must be a problem with the handset as the sim works in other phones. However they had no handset to replace it with so would be a 6 week wait!! Went to Apple and they replaced the handset there and then. Confirmed that this shouldn’t have happened and the handset should not of been as slow as it was. Got home around 9pm and after a while signal appeared. Restarted my phone this morning and guess what - no signal!!!! Even with the new handset!!!!!!!!!! No signal but my sim works in other handsets. Surely it can’t be a problem with the phone itself? What are the odds that the 2 I’ve had have both got the same issue - or are other people suffering with this as well!??!
10 REPLIES 10

Sturnham
Thanks sukhi but I think I have now resolved the issue although it required a re- start from iTunes as a new phone rather than back-up from my existing phone. For some reason the back up I processed through iTunes did not contain certain elements of the menu settings I.e carrier, personal hotspot etc.... And as a result it left me with network issues. Anyway problem solved albeit lots of manual work getting settings back etc......