Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No network service after updating to iOS 8.0.1

txom
2: Seeker

Hi,

I got my new iPhone 6 today and everything was going fine until updated the firmware to ios 8.0.1

Now I can't connect to the network, and I can see online that a few people are reporting the same problem.

Am I right in thinking that the only way to go back to ios 8 is to download it from somewhere and install it via iTunes? I'm a bit nervous about doing that to a brand new phone!

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Tucks02

i have the same problem 

davidspalton
5: Helper

It appears that option-clicking on an iOS 8 file in iTunes will allow users to fix the issue without a restore. [Removed for security] has outlined the process:

1. Download iOS 8 for iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
2. Option (Mac) or Control (Windows) click on Update.
3. Choose the iOS 8 firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
4. Let iTunes do its thing

txom

I did the restore via iTunes in the end. I didn't need to download anything myself, iTunes did it automatically when I clicked "restore".

I had to put my phone into recovery mode before I could restore for some reason, until I did that clicking on restore in itunes did nothing for some reason. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Back on iOS 8 and happy now!

Spider_Tactical
4: Newbie

This might be of interest!!!!!

[Removed in accordance with the House Rules]

The 8.0.1 has been pulled so downgrade back to 8.0 is the only option (that should work). Can be done via itunes (which is the easiest method). 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.