Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No option for 32gb iPhone 5s?

Beckyfav
2: Seeker
I've had an extremely frustrating morning - I've been a Vodafone customer for over 15 years, and wanted to upgrade my iPhone 4s 32gb to a 5s 32gb.
There were no options for iPhone showing online so I contacted customer service via we chat. 1 hour 10 minutes and 5 customer service advisors i was getting nowhere!! Seriously considering cancelling my contract they phoned me a put me through to a helpful lady who organised a new iPhone to be sent to me - I was so relieved I was finally getting a phone I forgot to check that I was getting a 32gb - checking the online store seems there are none available, so
Presume I'm being sent a 16gb one? Is there anyway of changing this or are you no longer doing them?
My experience this morning has seriously making consider switching networks!!
10 REPLIES 10

Shayron
Hello there currently I am in the same situation. My predicament has been on going for over 3 weeks. I have spoken to numerous staff members who can not tell me what I need to know. I think the 5s 32gb has been discontinued online but not in the shops - but you don't get a good deal on your line rental from the shops as I have contacted retentions and got an amazing deal ,but still no phone!! I have now given up on vodaphone and I am now leaving. They are forcing you to go for the iphone6 which I do not want. Ad is more expensive and a bigger handset. Apple are extremely crafty. They are herding people towards their latest handsets which give us the apple users no choice.

I don't know if mentioning another retailer is permitted under Forum Guidelines but the Carphone Warehouse have the iPhone 5S in 32GB available through Vodafone.

I appreciate you probably wanted to upgrade through Customer Service as you are loyal customers but it's also possible to upgrade your exisiting contract over at CPW.

Hope that helps.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

If you get an iPhone through CPW be aware that it'll lock to the first network that you use with it so make sure it's a Vodafone sim. Also you'll need your proof of purchase if you want Vodafone to unlock it at any time.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Beckyfav
Thanks everyone for your comments, CPW sounds a good option!

Shayron
Thank you so much. Just to clarify can you upgrade with CPW even if you did not purchase the initial handset from them? Would they offer any deals to keep you as a Vodafone customer?

jeffkinn

Yes - but here's the warning. Dealers like CPW make a lot more money from new contracts than upgrades and they often tell customers that they have to take out a new contract and then port their existing number to it afterwards.

It isn't true so don't let them trick you into something that isn't necessary and will give you a lot of aggravation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

If I'd have known that then I would've erred on the side of caution and thought twice about suggesting a retailer such as CPW.

Thank you for teaching me something new!

Hope you manage to get one sorted.

Shayron
Thank you so much for your wise Information. I will give it a try!! I will let you all know how it goes- fingers crossed.

Shayron
I am nearly the proud owner of an iPhone 5s 64gb. Upgraded at car phone warehouse. The delivery company they use DPD have "lost" the phone. Ridiculous!!!!