Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service - iPad

Link
5: Helper

Could anybody please give me a bit of advice on an issue we're having with network connecting. Up until a couple of months ago everything worked fine with the iPad on 3G. We could use it out and about and when we arrived back home it would switch to Wi-Fi, no problem. However in the last couple of weeks we keep getting an error saying "no service". We take the sim card out and put it back in and all seems ok again, connects to Vodafone and all is well. Until the next day or after we've switched the iPad off, we get the error message again, so we have to take the sim card out and put it back in. Fine when you're at home and have a pin handy, not so handy when you're out and about and don't have anything to hand. Is it a sim card issue or a network issue? We've had the iPad for 3 years now with the same sim card in so not sure if wear and tear is to blame. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

possibly try these two resets. 

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

if you have a local Apple Store you could visit to ask for the iPad to be looked at. Please obviously take into account Apple only give 12 months warranty. Or make a https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment. 

Are you on the latest firmware and carrier update settings. 

A vodaphone store could process a sim swap to replace your sim which maybe degrading. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. The software is up to date, in fact that's when the issue seemed to stem from. Hopefully a reset will clear things but I've been told there's been an issue with the network for a while and that may be the cause too. I'll find out tonight, thanks

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

You can check your local and surrounding masts via Here.

Help on Carrier Settings from Apple Here

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was actually the Vodafone network. I spoke to an advisor who mentioned that there were issues at the time (maybe due to upgrading the network) but to give it another day. Did that and it's been fine ever since

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Link

I'm relieved to hear that everything is now working :Smiling:

Thank you for keeping the thread updated.

All the best, 
Louise

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Link

The advice given by @BandOfBrothers' is spot on. Please follow all the steps provided and let me know how you get on.

Please let me know if you see any improvement in the iPad.

Louise