cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not being able to send messages to some people. Possible network error?

jwilkinson1994x
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I seem to be a having an issue with sending SMS text messages to some people. I am able to send messages to some i.e. other members of my family, but I am not able to send SMS text messages to other people. 

My current device is a iphone 4 with ios 5 as its operating system. I went to my local store with this issue and they could not help me, the only adivce I got was to send my phone off to apple as it could be a hardware issue but money is tight at the moment and I cannot afford to send it off. However I have put my sim into a different phone, a samsung galaxy 3 mini and I got the same resuslts. I also switched my phone on and off, reset all settings and reset the network settings on both devices and nothing changed. I have also ruled out imessage as the cause of the problem.

I used a different sim card with a different number and got the same result. I am currently on the Vodafone extra text package, the 500 texts that last 30 days. I checked the terms and conditions for this and there was no indication of me not being allowed to text numbers on other networks. Also my mother is on the 3 network and I can send texts to her without any issues. The other two numbers I can text are on vodafone. 

I don't think that my number has been blocked by the people I can't send texts to as they have sent me texts during this period where I am having this issue. My mothers number was a vodafone number until she swithced. When I changed to the sim with the different number I was able to send a text to someone once but that was because there was credit £1 credit on the phone prior to the top up with the vodafone extra texts.

After ruling out hardware and software issues, I can only conclude that the problem is either a network issue or something wrong with the vodafone extras text package. I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and could shed some light on this predicement. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I must admit when I started reading your post I did think about that maybe the blocking facility on your phone and or their phone was at issue. 

I would suggest perhaps ringing Customer services on 191 and ask them to fully reset your account. 

And just incase do ask the other people to check their phones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry to add ->

I can understand Vodafone asking you to approach  but their iPhones come with a 1 year warranty so they may charge if it's out of warranty. A https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment would have to be set up if you do intend to go to your most local  store. 

Alternatively you you could ask a Vodafone Store to perform a simswap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card if an account reset does not help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jamster12312

Im having the same issue with the extra texts, and i have a lumia 635 and have also ruled out the phone completely. I can only send texts to those on vodafone.