Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Once again existing customers shafted by Vodafone

flyboi65
4: Newbie

Logged on at 8.00am this morning to upgrade my phone to the new iphone 6s and there is no option to do the upgrade online. When I try ringing customer services the recorded message tells me they are not open until 9.00am by which point i'll be so far down the queue i'll be lucky to get one by Christmas. I pay Vodafone nearly £100 a month and stupidly expected better

14 REPLIES 14

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
One 6S and one 6S plus. I'll be selling my existing 6 plus and my son's 5S to help finance it. We're both on low cost sim free contracts with the 20% VEA discount so the monthly cost is relatively low.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Nice plan of action. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

brownbear
8: Helper
8: Helper

I was going to order mine online directly with Apple. Bought the value of the phone as a apple gift card as well ( Amex were doing a good deal)  all ready to seal the deal this morning. Then I started looking at contracts and well....  persuaded myself to buy it through a netwrok deal ( not vodafone sadly) .

I was really hoping Vodafone were going to be doing some blinding deals..

I rang up to upgrade on a 12month, only to be told:

For: iPhone 6s 64GB

Package: 15GB Value (12 month)

Upfront: £260

Monthly: £69(incVAT)

A quick trip online:

For: iPhone 6s 64GB

Package: 15GB Value (12 month)

Upfront: £190

Monthly: £63.99(incVAT)

I don't want to be with a company that can't even offer the same deal to a customer who has been with them for over 6 years. I think this and the terrible voice call quality I've received lately is the push I finally need to leave.

DD
11: Established
11: Established

Online is usually better then on the phone or indeed store as you should get an email order confirmation (doesn't mean a great deal with the last launch as they decided to cancel the order without authority but Vodafone did eventually sort it out). 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.