Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Once again existing customers shafted by Vodafone

flyboi65
4: Newbie

Logged on at 8.00am this morning to upgrade my phone to the new iphone 6s and there is no option to do the upgrade online. When I try ringing customer services the recorded message tells me they are not open until 9.00am by which point i'll be so far down the queue i'll be lucky to get one by Christmas. I pay Vodafone nearly £100 a month and stupidly expected better

14 REPLIES 14

mattonbass
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Existing customer here. Just managed to upgrade online and have spoken to someone on the phone about it. 

call 191 and speak to the upgrades team.

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The best, simplest and most hassle free way to upgrade is to do it in a Vodafone store, that way you do it person to person and you will have your new phone in your hand, no being passed from pillar to post by poor English speaking inept operators, no waiting for months for to be told that the phone you ordered has dissapeared into thin air or has been delivered to some other address in another part of the World or that your order had never even been lodged in the first place. I would NEVER upgrade over the phone or online.

I've always upgraded online apart from 2 years ago when I did it over the phone and they "Lost" my order so ending up ordering online again. If you order online you know the order is on the system, if you do over the phone you're relying on someone to put it through and due to call volumes they sometimes put them through in batches. Just my humble opinion....

apparently they use a 'contingency system' for phone orders on iphone release day. My order last year got lost in the cracks when they moved them over to the real one.

chrisnewman
4: Newbie

I upgarded with no issues at 8:06. This is the first time in the last 4 years it hasn't been mental with site up and down etc so congrats to the back office team who made it seamless this year!!!!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
There is no phone until the 25th and so any order whether it's only online or in store will be subject to Apple's ability to supply stock which had always been the problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

@jeffkinn wrote:
There is no phone until the 25th and so any order whether it's only online or in store will be subject to Apple's ability to supply stock which had always been the problem.

And so will start the madness that is an  Launch. 

I Expect so see quite a few new threads on ordering and acquiring one of the new iPhones. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
Already ordered two phones directly from Apple for my son and me.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

@jeffkinn wrote:
Already ordered two phones directly from Apple for my son and me.

Nice. Have you gone for the 6s plus models ?

My usual tactics are to 

• Watch Un Boxings and real end user early adopter reviews.
  • Play with the demo models.
  • Watch blogs to see if any issues arise.  
  • If it ticks my wants and needs boxes , and offers significantly more under the hood than my iPhone 6 Plus, and the feedback is ok, then I reserve one online with  and stroll into the store after making a back up to iCloud. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.