Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PDP Authentication failure iPhone 6 in USA on ATT

minglis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My data works fine in the UK , having recently changed iphone 5 to 6 I find my data is now working with ATT in the USA and I am getting the error PDP authentication failure. I have done various things advised including updating my vodafone profile but nothing works. I would call 191 but that does not work from here - can anyone in Vodafone read this and if needed reset my account if that is what it takes , advise me what to update or give me a number I can call from the USA where I dont have to wait 20 mins to be asked if I want to know my tarriff by a speaking machine !

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Their are while Abroad numbers in Contact Us or an Account Holder can use the Live Chat option found in the Contact Us Link at the foot of the eForum to make Contact Vodafone Customer services. 

Please may I advise that their is no longer any Account Access or Official Account assistance via the eForum.

The issue you raise is in my experience at looking at the authentication failure is indeed a Network connected issue. If you perform a search on the eForum you will see some similar threads with perhaps some help information on how they received a resolution. 

I hope you get this sorted asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

djandrej
1: Seeker

I had exactly the same issue and vodafone were pretty useless on this with me too..

- they told me to turn on and off again

- change my network selection from automatic to manual and choose a new network

- increase the data cap

all of which did not fix my issue

so in the end i worked out that vodafone have not sent the correct apn setting to you if you have swapped your phone over to an iphone 6.

the correct settings can be found here

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings 

hope this helps!

Thanks , they came back giving me a refund and says its all fixed. I franky do not believe them as there was no explanation. Ill keep your link for when Im next in the USA if it does not work - thanks for advice