Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personal hot spot iphone5 and connecting to sat nav

Bill7770
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I want to connect my iphone to my sat nav. Everything worked fine until I changed phone from iphone4 to iphone5s, plus I got a new sim, but same number. I am on PAYG. The personal hotspot on the iphone directs me to the vodafone web site which does not help solve the problem. 

Any ideas please. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You may need to speak with customer service on 191 or Live Chat to ensure this feature is still active on your account from the sim swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply. I got in contact through live chat and was told that the hotspot services are not available on PAYG but might be in the future. For some reason my old sim allowed me to be connected so that I could obtain live traffic on my sat nav but now it seems this is not possible. It is a bit of a shame because I specifically purchased my sat nav to have live traffic and I would still want it in the near future. My old sim is broken so I can`t go back to it anyway. If I  understand correctly the hotspot feature is enabled on pay monthly but my phone usage is quite low and I have not needed to have a pay monthly contract. 

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

My understanding is that Tethering using Hotspot is available on Pay As You Go. 

This is evident as you've enjoyed that feature before. 

If this was my situation I'd try again to see if another agent is more knowledgeable. 

Perhaps try ringing 191. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, tethering should be ok on PAYG as BOB has said, several years back it wasn't but that changed well over a year ago.

Ok thanks.

I might try and call 191 then, or drop into a shop to see if they can check.