Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone keeps cutting out when making calls

shannon_123
1: Seeker
Hi, I have had my iPhone since August, however over the past month or so, when I make calls sometimes (not all the time) my phone will cut out so I can't hear the person I'm on the phone to and they can't hear me either, this happens when I have full signal. My phone hasn't been damaged or even dropped since I had it so i can't really work out why this keeps happening?
Hopefully someone will be able to enlighten me!
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Wayne

shannon_123
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens in a few locations

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. LU6 1LX and LU2 0NF

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Not sure

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Phone starts crackling then all sound completely cuts out

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? Around a month ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Intermittent, and can happen any time of the day

Hi @shannon_123

There’s an issue with your local site (76661).

This is showing on our network status checker.

Head over there, subscribe to the issue and we’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Thanks,

Wayne

ali_zavery
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am having the exact same issue and it is not phone related as it is happing on both mine and my wifes phone. This is been happening for the last 2 weeks and as a result we have ran up a huge landline bill. 

1) After pasing the end of the street the issue seems to be resloved. 

2) Full post code is NG8 5FY

3) Occurs on both mine and my wifes phone - we have have reseted the handsets, however this issue only occurs at home within the postcode above. 

6) The issue started 2 weeks ago and has not been resloved

7) Happens on all calls after 10 seconds or so. There is full reception before and after the call

Chloeaj
Hi I was wondering if you can help, My phone seems to just end the call when I'm on the line talking to another person, it's been happening the past 2 months, it'll cut the call out anywhere I go and happens to everyone I call, I'll be on the phone for 3 mins then the call will end or even 10 mins it's really annoying as I'm constantly having to phone people back and especially when I phone my boyfriend the call will end every time I phone him and It's becoming quite annoying having to phone him back 4 or 5 times just to finish what I'm saying to him.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Chloeaj

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone.

If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.