Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

3: Seeker Silver

Well

yesterday on live chat I was told "I have got the detail and that your iPhone 7 will be delivered on 16-09-2106 you should recieve confirmation via text later today"

So today I have had no texts, call 191. "well you might get it friday or it could be in 3-4 weeks, we dont know."

Great customer service there!!!

Ordered online at 8am on friday.

Order status still on stage 2 on the online tracker, nothing confirmed since the orginial order email.

View more options
6: Helper Bronze

At the very least I'm going want to have some notice of my phone arriving. There isn't someone sitting in the house 24/7 waiting for stuff to be delivered and I'm not going to trust a £800 package being returned to the depot or left with a neighbour so I'd have to take the day off work.

Ordered 7pm last Friday

View more options
12: Established Gold
OK, so, I've spoken to someone on the phone and an adviser online.

On the phone I've been told that my order is still waiting for stock.

Via Live Chat I've been told that it is 'guaranteed' that I will receive my order this week.

So, your guess is as good as mine.
View more options
14: Advanced member Bronze

Vodafone failing at communication as always.

How difficult is it to let people know how much stock they have sitting at the warehouse and if their orders would be fulfilled or not. All they need to do is to sort all the orders in ascending order and assign one unit of stock to each until they run out of it and there you go - emails to people who will get it on 16th and emails to others telling them to wait for a few more days. 

View more options

Presumably for arrival on the 16th they're going to have to be sent out tomorrow (Thursday) at the latest. But even then letting me know in the evening is too late to arrange a day off work, argh!

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

ssrij wrote:

Vodafone failing at communication as always.

How difficult is it to let people know how much stock they have sitting at the warehouse and if their orders would be fulfilled or not.

You are assuming that the phones have been delivered.

Last year the Apple store in Brighton did not receive their delivery of the new iPhone until 11pm on the day before release.

View more options
One person has said they have received a text message stating that they are getting delivery tomorrow. Surely if they are promising delivery they must have some stock?
View more options
14: Advanced member Bronze

I am sure Vodafone knows how much stock they will be receiving, it cannot be that a random number of stock is just dumped into their warehouse one day before launch.

View more options

aadb3363 wrote:
One person has said they have received a text message stating that they are getting delivery tomorrow. Surely if they are promising delivery they must have some stock?

I would be very surprised if deliveries were being made tomorrow which is ahead of the offical release daye (16th) .

All delivery notifications are based on Vodafone receiving their full allocation from Apple and as we know Apple are well know for shortages on pre-order devices.

View more options

ssrij wrote:

I am sure Vodafone knows how much stock they will be receiving, it cannot be that a random number of stock is just dumped into their warehouse one day before launch.

Vodafone will know what they have ordered but until the deliveries arrive at their warehouses they do not know what Apple has sent them and if there are shortages.

This is the same old story year after year with Apple, orders to Apple are often short when delivered. The problem is everybody "must have" the phone on day one and Apple simply can't always produce anough of each model to make those people happy.  It is much less stressful to wait a couple of weeks and then you will get it.

View more options

Ordered my iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB Black at 10:14 on Friday 9th. Currently showing stage 2 on the order tracker. 

At the time of ordering it showed delivery date as 16th Sept. 

We'll see about that i guess....

View more options

If Voda haven't physically got the stock yet then it makes sense, although you would think they would at least be able to give you an indication based on what they ordered. From my point of view if I get my new phone on Friday or in 3 weeks time is not as important as knowing that so I can plan around it.

View more options
It's unlikely to ship early, but it's not unheard of for iPhones to be delivered slightly before the official release date.
View more options
I think frustration is not on the level of stock as people do understand that it's a desirable phone and low in stock. Problem is Vodafone gives conflicting information. I was in fact told by Vodafone rep to call apple if I want to know the status of my delivery as they don't manufacture it. Amazing!! Apparently in South Africa if there is a deficiency in service you don't go to retailer but to manufacturers directly..
View more options
Exactly. As stated above, one branch of the Vodafone advisory team has told me to expect delivery in 3-4 weeks, another to expect delivery this week.
View more options
13: Advanced Member

I preordered at 9am on Friday.  Received various confusing emails and texts.

Chat advisor guaranteed I will get phone of Friday, and said that there is no problem with stock levels.  Thankfully she couldn't hear me laughing over chat.

I've been on Stage 2 since last Friday afternoon.

Iphone 7 jet black 128gb

View more options
Fingers crossed for the rest of us stuck on Stage 2 as well then lol
View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Ordered my iPhone 7 Black 32gb @2pm Monday

Received my confirmation email and DPD order number

Still on stage 2

Anyone have past experiences with vodafone and new iPhone releases?

View more options

markhewitt1978 wrote:

If Voda haven't physically got the stock yet then it makes sense, although you would think they would at least be able to give you an indication based on what they ordered.

I think that Vodafone have learned from previous phone releases that the best intentions in the world in giving delivery dates based on what they have ordered does not work.

For example; Vodafone order 20,000 Jet black 32GB models and tell all 14000 people that have ordered them that they can expect to receive them on release day (based on what Vodafone have ordered ) Apple then deliver 12000 units so straight away Vodafone are accused of lying to  / misleading the 2000 people who will not get their phone on release day.

Much better to wait until the stock physically arrives and then start allocating the orders.

View more options
Lots of ifs and buts unless you know how allocation works.
I think the only thing we are crying out for is clarification on order status' and if promised delivery dates are going to honoured.

The behind the scenes stuff doesn't really matter that much.
View more options