Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

3: Seeker Silver
For all the faults of Vodafone optimism isn't one of them! Web chat guy told me I will get my phone 101% and he will make sure that happens.. hahaha
View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

sameer wrote:
For all the faults of Vodafone optimism isn't one of them! Web chat guy told me I will get my phone 101% and he will make sure that happens.. hahaha

Asian culture:

Tell the customer what they want to hear so that they go away happy.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

So I called the CS just now.  They were very helpful, as this was the UK call centre and they are always more honest etc.

She said that I will definately receive my phone this Friday, as will all others that preordered on Friday morning.  She said that they can now confirm the only super delays are on Iphone 7 Plus models (3-6 weeks).

She said that we should expect a delivery confirmation from DPD tomorrow (Thurs) afternoon or even Friday morning itself.

She gave me an absolute assurance that those that preorderd on Friday WILL get their phone on Friday.

View more options
14: Advanced member Bronze

I ordered my 7 128GB Jet Black Friday afternoon via web chat, so hopefully they will be shipping all Friday orders on Friday instead of only morning pre-orders.

View more options
12: Established Gold
Just spoken to the UK call centre. They went through to DPD and checked for me.

Other than for those who ordered early on the 9th there is no stock and it's looking like 3-4 weeks wait for the Plus 128GB in Jet Black.

I ordered late morning.
View more options

Just called up VF and the lady said VF will get the stock from Apple tomorrow and we'll get our phones on Friday and there's nothing to worry about. 

Sounds like something they've been told to tell all customers whenever someone calls up to ask about the status but lets see, waiting for the confirmation tomorrow.

View more options

The tracker is broken. Didn't work when I pre-ordered my S7 Edge in March, always stuck on Stage 2. Wouldn't trust it

View more options
7: Helper Silver
My order was being sent to my old address and as a result they have had to do a reclamation form which means I won't get my phone on Friday and can take upwards of 7 days to get to me providing they have stock. This is ridiculous and quite frankly not good customer service. I rang 4 times trying to get my address changed and each time I was told it was changed only to ring up and find it wasn't. Useless.
View more options

from as far back as i can remember (probably 4S) vodafone hasn't recieved the phones til the day before. I have never had an update on the tracker or by email until 6/7 oclock the night before. 

I know EE customers have been getting text messages confirming their orders are now with DPD.. 

View more options
My friend is with o2 and she got a text from them telling her to pick her iPhone up from store tomorrow
View more options
13: Advanced Member
So that's EE and O2 both shipping tomorrow.
View more options

Think I am going to give up on friday delivery, no Text or update online. Oh well may be time to change providers, comms are just too poor. 

View more options
12: Established Gold
And Amanda said earlier she received a text confirming delivery tomorrow from Vodafone.
View more options
5: Helper

Whay annoys me most apart from the lack of communication is the fact Vodafone takes the upfront payment straight away even though they have not despatched the phones, they should only take funds once the order has been completed.

If I don't get my order Friday or Saturday I will be cancelling as they must have had stock levels when I ordered ay 08:00 on the Friday.

I will not wait the 3-4 weeks.

View more options

agree with above comment!

View more options
So after the debacle of having my device delivered to my old address, I received an email stating g my order number etc. When Vodafone can't see on their own systems what the delivery address is, that's worrying. Here's hoping to a delivery tomorrow or Friday Smiley Wink
View more options
Yes at 10.28am I received this text message from Vodafone...

This is to confirm your Vodafone order has been placed for delivery on Thursday 15/09 Between 8:00 and 18:00 to House Name ****************** House Number 63, Postcode *******. Please ensure someone is available to sign for receipt. You will receive a shipment confirmation message in due course. Thank you.
View more options

Its uncommon that someone gets an iphone early, the carrier would getted fined by Apple. Apple take it extremely seriously and it usually happens when a couier company messes up. 

regarding someone picking their phone up from an o2 store tomorrow, i imagine that text was sent out in error, o2 arnt going to willingly and knowingly break a release date. 

Take into account the delivery companies, DPD will be dealing with Vodafone, EE and Apple orders on friday, they have also probably asked for EE to ship their devices today/tonight to gurantee the delivery and vodafone tomorrow.

I imagine your order trackers will change around 1400hrs-1500hrs with a delivery notification at around 1900hrs-2200hrs.

if your phones not gonna arrive you will get a notification around the same time as the delivery notification. 

this has been the process for every single iphone pre-order with vodafone. 

View more options

Shouldn't all upgrade customers get their iPhones on Friday or within a week? I mean for example I have paid the early upgrade fee to end my existing contract and start a new one so it can't be that my phone gets delayed by a month or two because what would happen to the usage/bills for that period?

I think upgrade customers would be prioritized for Friday delivery

View more options
Hi everyone, i have just spoke to someone on chat and they said that vodafone are only receiving a small order of the iphone 7 and there my be a week delay. They said they had ordered a jet black 128gb one themselves and they had a notification to say that it would be 4-6 week delay.
View more options