Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

6: Helper

Gotta love the consistency of it! So basically our orders may turn up at some point - but nobody has any idea when.

So what service are we getting for the hundreds of pounds we each are sending them here?

View more options
4: Newbie
I've just now been told to expect delivery tomorrow.

I'm giving up calling to try and get information as I get completely different information each time I try to get clarification.

It arrives when it arrives I guess.
View more options

We literally have no idea what is going on! 

*Currently staring out of the window, looking for a DPD van*

View more options
11: Established

I've been looking round the web and every other provider here in the UK and abroad ( so: EE, O2, BT, Verizon, AT&T, Wind, Alctel etc etc) AND Apple themselves are giving all preorder customers updates on their orders including specific delivery dates where their phone will not be delivered tomorrow.

Except Vodafone.  They are not giving anyone any information other than 'all iphone 7 preorders will definately be delivered tomorrow' and 'there are long delays on some iphone 7 Plus models'.  No tracker status updates.  No text updates.  No email updates.

View more options
3: Seeker

This is the silly reply I just had:

Ramya
 at 10:16, Sep 15:
Valerio, on 16th Sept the handset is releasing in US, not in uk

Ramya
 at 10:17, Sep 15:
As they have not provided the date, as soon as we get the update we willo

Translation: they don't have a clue. And when they says "We are checking the order" actually are making a cup of tea. 

I guess news will be available tomorrow and not before
View more options
lol at 'making a cup of tea'.
View more options
Just off the phone to CS - they saw the order was placed at 7:56am on the 9th so said I would have been one of the first.

They also said they had been informed of delays with all Jet Black pluses - although they weren't sure if that meant that they would have a "limited supply" or none at all.
View more options

Just looking back over all of the emails and texts I've had from Vodafone re my preorder and have noticed something that I hadn't before...

One of the texts that I received on Friday after ordering (I received 4 confirmation texts in total on Friday and 4 emails) says:

"We'll deliver order number xxxxxxx to (my address).  If it's a device DPD will be in touch soon.  You'll get a separate confirmation if your item hasn't launched yet or is out of stock"

So, no separate confirmation = delivery on Friday!

View more options

Why do we do this to ourselves every time with Vodafone?

Also stuck on stage 2

Iphone 7plus 128gb Rose Gold ordered in store 9.20am on Friday

It's sad but I've given up believing anything they have to say... last two phones were promised on release day (also early pre-orders) and never arrived until the following week Smiley Sad What does it take for them to give some indication to their customers? The cost of this contract is over £1500!!

After 16 years with vodafone.. I think I'm out!!! and will untilise my cancellation period if it doesn't come as promised tomorrow, you've taken my money and failed me AGAIN

View more options

ordered Friday at 8am after staying up from a night shift

Iphone 7 plus 32gb Black

Payment took for £64

Promised delivery on release date by agent on the phone.

Just spoke to libe chat and basically 3-4 weeks delivery or as soon as stock comes in, I asked her to check the time my order was placed on the system

15:15

so calling at 08:00 was a waste of time, all those pre-orders online from new and upgrade customers will be sorted first.

I am fuming Vodaphone is a joke.

View more options

@slevuk

Did you get any text or email confirmations?  When did they come?

View more options
Is that confirmed? Online and upgrade orders are processed first? The website wasn't working when I tried online so I went through online chat.
View more options
2: Seeker

If you download the DPD app and register, all parcels coming to your address will show (no tracking number required). 

Previously, the parcel has shown there before it's shown as dispatched with the retailer. 

Worth downloading and having a look. Smiley Happy

View more options

No she did not confirm online orders come first but I would imagine all orders are done first come first served basis time wise.

My text and e-mail notifications cam through at 15:16 on the Friday even though I made the order at 08:00 when lines opened.

View more options
As DPD are delivering. You usually get a confirmation of time and place on the morning of delivery along with your drivers name from DPD. That can be from 7am up to 9am.

The online Vodafone tracker is not live so it may not change till tomorrow either.

So I'd just wait like me for my 128gb jet Black 7

View more options