Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems setting up internet iphone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i purchased an iphone 5c brand new on the vodafone network around a week ago,upon inserting the SIM card and adding the £30 bundle, I then received a text asking me to update the settings for internet, downloaded this profile and it still wouldn't work, so i then deleted this profile and added the settings manually myself following the info given on the support pages still no luck, then double checked this against info in the forum and i have them correct, still won't connect indoors or outdoors, tried contacting live chat for help just kept getting me to repeat the same steps as well as factory resets, also called the help line and got same info, don't know what else to doIMG_0002.PNGIMG_0003.PNGIMG_0004.PNG please help!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@kids wrote:

So as you can use it for calls the sim is activated OK.

As you won't have a lot of data on the phone connect it to iTunes and do a sync, this will download the latest carrier settings.

Otherwise having tried everything else and if it is possible a visit to your nearest Apple Store to let a Genius check the phone out may be the next best step.

I agree a geniusbar appointment ( https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ )  is a good idea although an appointment can take a while to arrange and with the launch of the new iPhones underway the stores are really busy. 

If the iphone has been owned less than 14 days then a replacement can be requested via Vodafone if it is the iPhone and not account that's at issue. . 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.