Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with NUC Resolutions

jamescc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am trying to get an iPhone 5s unlocked via the NUC Resolutions team.

The phone is (as you can see from the model number) approx 3 years old.  It was originally purchased from a Vodafone Retail store by my wife on a monthly contract.

Subsequent to that, the account/phone was moved over to my business account and has been used on that ever since.

As the phone is 3 years old, I do not have the purchase receipt.  NUC Resolutions are refusing to unlock the device as I cannot prove that it belongs to me.

Vodafone would have these records (since it was purchased from them originally).

Why cannot the NUC Resolutions team look this info up, after all; Vodafone have the records of ownership, I can prove who I am, the phone is not blacklisted on any network.

They were happy to unlock other phones registered to my business account, just not this one.

How do I move this forward.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Whose account details are you inputting onto the online unlocking form ?

If yours then try using your wife's. 

If the Nuc Department are stipulating what they need then as they are the sole department who arrange unlocking it maybe difficult for anyone in another Vodafone department to intercede. 

Customer services can supply a direct email address for the Nuc  Department to liaise directly with them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As stated above, the phone was moved to the business account.  So, that account no longer exists and was closed at least 2 years ago.  As such, I have no idea what the account details might be.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jamescc

Only the original owner of a handset can unlock it, so your wife will need to complete the network unlock form using the details from her account.