Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving a deleted voicemail

Kerry1980
2: Seeker
Please can someone help me, how do I retrieve a deleted voicemail on an iPhone 5, thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

I'm afraid that you can't retrieve a message that you've deleted.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

drey_p
Hi there

I'm afraid that you can't retrieve a message that you've deleted.

PWIAC

Kerry1980
Thanks for your reply, I am so upset I can't get it back :Sad_face:

Basel00
Hello. You can use a tool named iPhone Data Recovery from Tenorshare to recover the lost voicemail. You can use it to recover the lost voicemail directly from your iPhone. Here are detailed steps:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to PC & Select "Reccover Data from iOS Device"
First make sure your iPhone is switched on and connect it to PC with USB cable. Next launch iPhone Data Recovery on your PC. The program will detect your iPhone. You'll then get a pop-up window asking you to tap "Trust" on your iOS device to trust this computer.

Step 2. Start scanning iPhone for lost data
When the software detected your iPhone, it will show you the interface as follows. Click "Start Scan".

Step 3.Preview contacts, SMS, notes, photos, etc.
Now all scanned files are on the program listed according to category. You can choose to "Check all" or "Only display the deleted items" and then decide which to recover. To save time, you can just selectively recover those you need.

Also if you have backuped the data with your iTunes you can follow the steps below:

1). Run the software and choose "Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files". It will automatically detect all the iTunes backup files in your computer. Tap the backup you need and click "Start Scan" button on the program interface to scan your iPhone backup.

2). After scanning, the contents of your iPhone will be shown in categories in the left sidebar. Usually the scanning will take a few minutes or so. You can check to preview details of each category, check files you need and click on "Recover".

You can also restore the lost data from iCloud with the similar steps. If you haven't backuped them you'd better to choose recover directly from iOS Device to recover it.

Here is also a video guide for you:

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
You cannot retrieve a deleted voicemail with that software.

The voicemail is never saved to the phone nor to the iTunes or iCloud backup as data. The voicemail remains on the network servers and once deleted cannot be recovered.

@kids wrote:
You cannot retrieve a deleted voicemail with that software.

The voicemail is never saved to the phone nor to the iTunes or iCloud backup as data. The voicemail remains on the network servers and once deleted cannot be recovered.

This could be wrong. Voice mail can be sycned to iCloud or iTunes backup if you enabled the options. If not, they will stay on the local storage of iphone. theoretically, they can be recovered with apps or software like this one suggests. however, it really depends on what kind of situation it is.

Basel00
Hello. You can use Tenorshare Free iPhone 5 Data Recovery to recover the lost iPhone voicemail. You can use it to recover the lost voicemail directly from your iPhone. Here are detailed steps:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to PC & Select "Reccover Data from iOS Device"
First make sure your iPhone is switched on and connect it to PC with USB cable. Next launch iPhone Data Recovery on your PC. The program will detect your iPhone. You'll then get a pop-up window asking you to tap "Trust" on your iOS device to trust this computer.

Step 2. Start scanning iPhone for lost data
When the software detected your iPhone, it will show you the interface as follows. Click "Start Scan".

Step 3.Preview contacts, SMS, notes, photos, etc.
Now all scanned files are on the program listed according to category. You can choose to "Check all" or "Only display the deleted items" and then decide which to recover. To save time, you can just selectively recover those you need.

bethzac5
1: Seeker

Hey,

I think you can recover your voicemail from your iPhone. Do you have any backup files from iTunes or iCloud? If yes, I think you can recover your voice mail from them. If not, you can recover deleted voicemail from your iPhone directly with iPhone Data Recovery software.

Beth

kids
The ONLY voicemail you can recover is VISUAL VOICEMAIL which Vodafone do not have.
You cannot recover audio voicemail, it is NEVER stored on your phone, your iTunes backup or your iCloud backup.
If it were possible then you would also be able to recover every phone call you make.
Unless the audio is still on the Vodafone servers it is irrecoverable.

KanyeWest
1: Seeker

Here's also a guide about (Removed in line with House Rules). Hope it helps.