Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming Iphone SE

Madboy
6: Helper
6: Helper

I bought an Iphone SE and have Euro Traveller.

I now see Vodafone is giving free roaming in Europe. It appears to be a little unfair that i have to pay £3 per day. I have been with Vodafone for 20 years.

I spoke to Customer Sevices just now and the girl does not know anything about it being free.

A very miffed consumer.

Regards

Madboy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Madboy wrote:

Just think its a little "off" that new customers get it for free and customers who have been with them for years dont get any concessions on the contract if needed.

Please seem my post above.  The new customers are paying a lot more for the "free" roaming.  I've been keeping an eye on the prices and most contracts are now £8 - £10 more than they were before "free" roaming came into play.

As I also said, you can increase your plan to one that does include roaming but you will probably end up paying more for it. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Some information http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2016/05/06/smarter-summer-holidays-now-can-roam-freely-across-40-destinat...

When are you due to upgrade ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I took the contract out on 31st March 2016. 24 month contract. Just think its a little "off" that new customers get it for free and customers who have been with them for years dont get any concessions on the contract if needed.

Regards

Madboy

drey_p

@Madboy wrote:

Just think its a little "off" that new customers get it for free and customers who have been with them for years dont get any concessions on the contract if needed.

Please seem my post above.  The new customers are paying a lot more for the "free" roaming.  I've been keeping an eye on the prices and most contracts are now £8 - £10 more than they were before "free" roaming came into play.

As I also said, you can increase your plan to one that does include roaming but you will probably end up paying more for it. 

PWIAC

Thanks

I just think its a little "off" that Customer Services dont know anything about the new packages.

Thanks for your help guys.

Madboy

drey_p

@Madboy wrote:

I bought an Iphone SE and have Euro Traveller.

I now see Vodafone is giving free roaming in Europe. It appears to be a little unfair that i have to pay £3 per day.

Hi there

Vodafone have released tariffs which have "free" roaming included.  You'd be more than welcome to change to one but please be advised that they do cost a fair bit more than the previous plans so it may not be worth you making the change. Also, as you are probably mid contract, you can only change your plan to one of an equal or higher value. 

Do remember that offers change all the time.  It is not dissimilar to you buying a TV today from Currys and then finding that next month they have a sale or free gift with the TV.

PWIAC