Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Show my caller id greyed out

andrewjmg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've visited two Vodafone shops to have this fixed; in the first they tried a few #codes, didn't work, the second shop suggested updating to the latest OS, didn't work. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi andrewjmg,

Try resetting the iPhone. Hold down the "power" and "home" buttons until the Apple logo appears. It won't lose any data but it clears up any conflicts or code fragments.

If that doesn't help, use iTunes to run a backup, then restore the iPhone to factory settings.

Test if it works before restoring your data or installing any apps. If it does, set the phone back up in stages and check if or when it gets disabled. That'll narrow down if something you've installed is causing this.

Dave

Hi dave

I visted the Apple store and they suggested the same, which I've tried. So a full upgrade to 7.04 and a factory rest. This has made no difference to the Caller ID. Apple suggested this was a Vodafone issue to solve.

Hi andrewjmg,

I’m sorry to see that a factory reset hasn’t worked for you.

The only other option would be to send the phone for a warranty repair.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi.

I have the same problem Show My Caller Id is greyed out. Vodaphone shop could not sort it & suggested I tried an Apple Store. At Apple they rest phone but that did not sort it. They then took a new phone inserted a sim card frone of their employees to show me that Show Caller ID did work. They then inserted my Sim card and sure enough Show Caller ID was greyed out and could not be turned on. So definately a Vodaphone problem. I've had the phone for about 3-4 months.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KM195,

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Thanks for referring me to your repair centre but I don't think the phone is at fault. I would suggest the sim card settings because as I said when my simcard was placed in a iPhone 4S that we knew showed Show Caller ID worked before iy then did not work when my sim card was inserted. Had it been a phone fault the new phone in the Apple Store would have shown my caller ID but it did not.

Apple suggested that something at Vodafone could be reset so that my sim card allowed Show Caller Id to work.Wouldn't you agree ?

KM195

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KM195,

It’s not possible to reset a SIM card, but we can replace your current one free of charge.

If you go to a Vodafone store, they’ll be able to exchange it there and then.

They’ll also be able to activate to for you.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I'll try that. 

KM195