Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim card activation on iPhone 4

georgiadward
2: Seeker
Hiii, I'm an existing vodafone customer keeping the existing number and have just received my new iPhone with my new sim. I have tried activating my sim and after 3 hours my old sim is not working and neither is my new sim??? Please hellllllp I dont know what to do?
19 REPLIES 19

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

amiesims wrote:

this is so frustrating! i have recently bought an iPhone from apple and i received my micro sim from yourselves yesterday, i called up vodafone to activate the sim and itunes is still telling me my sim card is not supported.. what is going on? i now have no phone as vodafone disconnected my blackberry within minutes. 

It can take up to 24 hours to activate a sim after you have phones.

If you are near a Vodafone shop, call in there and they will activate it for you, it takes only a few minutes before you can use it.

the phone is still not working this morning.. i am not happy. 

Hi amiesims,

I’m sorry to see that you are having trouble getting your SIM activated.

Can I ask if you are still experiencing issues or if this has now been resolved?

If you are still experiencing issues, please follow the instructions that I have sent you via PM and one of our team will be able to pick this up for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

strangealien

Hi, I am having similar problems as above. My Old Sim Card shut down fairly quickly but all I am getting on my iphone 4 with new Microsim mailed to me from Vodafone is No Service in top left corner. I need my phone working!! Please help!

Thanks

Me Again,

The Phone strated working after syncing with Itunes on my computer in case anyone has same problem!!

Thanks

Hi strangealien,

Many thanks for your update and for posting the solution that worked for you.

If you do have any further questions, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andy

weemistermac

I know I'm a bit late in this thread but I'm havig same problem. I synched new iphone 4S with itunes etc yesterday at 1200 but old phone and SIM are still active and new iphone still has no service. I thought I'd tag on end of this thread as you moderators seem to be able to push things along a bit. Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Hi Tom. I'm also having problems activating my new micro SIM. I tried using your online form but my SIM is made up of numbers of 5 digits but your form only allows for 4.

My SIM and new phone arrived yesterday and I'm keen to get it operational.

Stuart

Scrap that last message! I read the help bit and have now entered the number. Fingers crossed it all works.

lissacoffey
4: Newbie

You can activate your SIM online if you're a pay monthly customer, but for pay-as-you-go SIMs it's different. If you got the SIM in a Vodafone shop, it will be activated already. If you ordered it online, call 17298 or you may also contact vodafone support, after inserting it into your iphone 4.