Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim card activation on iPhone 4

georgiadward
2: Seeker
Hiii, I'm an existing vodafone customer keeping the existing number and have just received my new iPhone with my new sim. I have tried activating my sim and after 3 hours my old sim is not working and neither is my new sim??? Please hellllllp I dont know what to do?
19 REPLIES 19

Grayman
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi georgiadward,

Sim card activations normally go through quite quickly, but Vodafone always advise up to 24 hours for the SIM to become active.  As your old SIM card has stopped working, you may need to plug the iPhone into iTunes or connect it to WiFi to activate the phone with the SIM.

Hope this helps

I am SOOOOOOO frustrated... I received my Iphone thursday and activated my microsim and my blackberyy sim almost instantly went down...I have had no service from my new microsim in my IPhone since thursday evening. I have tried switching it of and trying it occasionally to see if ti works. It doesn't!!!  I have connected my Iphone to Itunes and Itunes tell me the sim is unsupported....ummm what!!! Any help appreciated please, thanks. (Also sent vodafone TWO emails and they haven't replied to either!!!)

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all

Thank you for your posts and it is great to see you here. :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your patience, we are a small team in huge demand currently, but now I am here I would love to take a look into this for you.

Are you still experiencing difficulties?

As this is account specific and in order for me to take a look at any obstacles at this end I have sent an email to georgiadward and wantservice to the address you registered with on here, once you have completed and replied to this we will be able to progress.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hello,

Hope you dont mind me piggybacking this topic, it seemed silly to start another. I have received my iphone 4s and have gone through the process of transferring my number from my old iphone 3gs to this new one. I received a confirmation e-mail 2 hours ago saying it should take 15 minutes to activate but it still has not, and my old one is still active and I can text on it etc.

Is something wrong or am I just being too impatient?

Thanks,

Simon

I am having identical problems. I completed the online form yesterday, but I still have no service on my new iPhone even though the microsim has been activated.

I have connected to wifi and iTunes but still no luck. Hopefully at the 24 hour mark things will magically start working!

Aimee

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

The activation of your MicroSIMs shouldn't take longer than 24 hours so if you're still not active, could you reply to my email to you both with the requested details along with the SIM number for each of you? Once we have your reply we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Lee

I've got the same problem, I went in store to do the switch and they me the new micro sim, the old one stopped working within 10 minutes, how long does it normally take to get signal on the new sim? it recognises that it vodafone but no bars?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jadec22,

I've just replied to your other post here.

Cheers,

Lee

amiesims

this is so frustrating! i have recently bought an iPhone from apple and i received my micro sim from yourselves yesterday, i called up vodafone to activate the sim and itunes is still telling me my sim card is not supported.. what is going on? i now have no phone as vodafone disconnected my blackberry within minutes.