Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Siri not working?

wizbowes
2: Seeker

I haven't been able to get Siri to work at all since I got my phone yesterday.  I've trawled the web and reset the network 5 times but to no avail.  It doesn't work on either my wifi or on 3G.  Yesterday it kept telling me it coldn't connect to the network - today (after the upgrade last night) it tells me I can't ask it questions right now - which I assume is the same probelm but apple have just changed the responses in the last upgrade.

Anyone else having any issues or got any ideas?  

5 REPLIES 5

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

There are a lot of posts on the Apple forums over the past week about siri not working.

Apparently there was a major upgrade in progress to the Apple servers and at the same time the update of ios5 was released so they are probably swamped, Also as siri  is still only beta  these sort of problems are to be expected.

appleguy12
1: Seeker

williamgreen
1: Seeker

If Siri doesn't work, don't worry about, many methods can solve this problem. Here I want to share my tips:

1. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Siri" > "My info" and just set a new SIM contact (numeric text is better), and then the step is accomplished.

2. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Siri" > "Language" and switch to another language. Then press the "Home" button and try "Siri" again.

3. Reset All Settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

alinajetly

Here guide on how to fix Hey Siri not working on iPhone: https://www.howtoisolve.com/hey-siri-not-working-on-iphone-ios/

BradPitt123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Most of the user-facing this problem while upgrading their iPhone to iOS 11, But you can try this useful guide to solve this annoying "Siri not working" problem.