Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Telephone Upgrade

earoles55
4: Newbie
Hi Guy,

Historically I always upgrade each year online. I've never had a bad experience or recieved my new iPhone late.

Today I upgraded by phone and I've not recieved any confirmation text or email messages. Ordered at 9am.

So is this normal? - as I say, my previous experience is with online upgrades and emails etc are instant.

Thanks 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @earoles55

If you have preordered the new iphone 7, due to the volume of preorders, it may take some time to get confirmation of your preorder.

If you do not receive confirmation by the end of the day, please use Live Chat for account access.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You should have received something by now, although I imagine that there are a lot of people ordering the new phone so perhaps the confirmations are a bit slower than they should be.  

I personally wouldn't leave it too long - I'd follow up with another call or use Live Chat.  Either team should be able to provide you with your order number. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

A long shot @earoles55 but also keep checking any trash or spam in box folders too. 

Keep refreshing your mailbox possibly. 

Im sure they'll start to catch up soon with follow up information. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @earoles55

If you have preordered the new iphone 7, due to the volume of preorders, it may take some time to get confirmation of your preorder.

If you do not receive confirmation by the end of the day, please use Live Chat for account access.

garethr
12: Established
12: Established

@earoles55 wrote:
Hi Guy,

Historically I always upgrade each year online. I've never had a bad experience or recieved my new iPhone late.

Today I upgraded by phone and I've not recieved any confirmation text or email messages. Ordered at 9am.

So is this normal? - as I say, my previous experience is with online upgrades and emails etc are instant.

Thanks 🙂

In my experience this is perfectly normal. I'm in the same position myself.

First thing this morning phone orders were being taken with what is know as the 'contingency system' - which to you and me translates into someone taking notes of orders on scraps of paper and they get manually input into the provisioning system later tonight. This likely means you won't get any kind of confirmation until the order enters the system tonight - until that point there is no order in the system.

I was assured that despite this your place in the order 'queue' is reserved, but from personal experience previous years this is highly unlikely to be the case, so it remains to be seen whether things have improved this year!

I'd have loved to have upgraded online, but my account online is still largely broken since the billing switchover fiasco, and it wouldn't proceed past the address entry screen!

pashtun
Ordered by phone at 9am jet black 7plus 256gb and got email tracking which has last years phone on it. Also a text stating that Vodafone will send order number **** to my address, as soon as stock is available from the manufacturer. And that Vodafone will update when it launches.

I was told they had stock this morning when I placed order. Knew I should have upgraded online instead.

@pashtun wrote:
Ordered by phone at 9am jet black 7plus 256gb and got email tracking which has last years phone on it. Also a text stating that Vodafone will send order number **** to my address, as soon as stock is available from the manufacturer. And that Vodafone will update when it launches.

I was told they had stock this morning when I placed order. Knew I should have upgraded online instead.

If it is any consolation I'm in the same boat for both my upgrades. On one the tracking shows for an iPhone 6 128GB Silver and the other an iPhone 7 268GB

(I'd ordered a 7 Plus in both cases). I'll be calling tomorrow to check the specific devices showing against each order.

I also got spammed with about eight emails (between 6-8pm) from Vodafone - mostly duplicates confirming receipt of the order, but at least I have order numbers which is better than nothing.

It remains to be seen however whether our places in the pre-order queue will have been kept - I'm guessing the orders only got entered into system shortly before the email confirmations arrived.

I'm guessing your order number is a UC4- prefix?

pashtun
Yes it's UC4 I should have ordered online like the previous years. I highly doubt they were sold out when I placed my order at 9am was on the phone at 8 am speaking to the agent. Unless they have ridiculously low levels of stock.

earoles55
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I got a few texts and emails last night from Voda saying my upgrade had gone through and that my handset would be sent out when it launches. I got about six emails in total. A bit confusing but I got the emails as promised by Vodafone.
I've since called Vodafone and asked them to confirm what I've upgraded to and which handset. They have me the right answers so that must be a good sign.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @earoles55

You should receive an email confirmation when the order has been fully processed. 

To double check your order is correct please head through to Live Chat here.

Louise