Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texts won't send?!

Faytytt
2: Seeker
So my texts won't send, I've tried different contacts and they still won't send. I can receive texts and make calls and when I checked my plan it said I have unlimited texts all of a sudden my texts won't send can anyone help?! This is urgent
11 REPLIES 11

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
The first thing to try is a hard reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons at the same time ignoring all prompts until the Apple logo appears.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Hi,

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

I assume your masts are ok or does this happen everywhere ?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Help tips and template in http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

If your sim won't send texts in another phone then please contact Customer services to have your account checked.

For Account Access and Account Enquiries please speak to Vodaphone Customer Service on 191. Or use a Landline to ring them. Contract Customers : tel:03333040191 and Pay As You Go Customers : tel:03333048069

Or use Live Chat which is found in the 'Contact Us' Link at the foot of the forum page. Please use a Pc or Mac. You may need to leave the Live Chat page open a short time for Live Chat to initialise.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Faytytt
Didn't do anything 😕

Faytytt
Can't test this as its a microsim and all the other sims aren't

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Vodaphone's stores have plastic sim adapters that can temporarily change the size of a sim so it can be used in an alternative phone or ask to try a phone in the Vodaphone store if you have one local.

They can also be purchased from online auction sites for a small price.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Faytytt
That doesn't really help though does it. As I can't go anywhere until 6 PM, and I need my texts to work now. It doesn't make sense how all of a sudden they just won't send there has got to be a solution for this

jeffkinn
Are you sure they're texts and not iMessage messages?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Faytytt
They aren't blue and my iMessages are sending

jeffkinn

Are you able to make voice calls?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png