Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Analogy.

mrsherif
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I Get a text from VW (vodafone) "the new vw golf is availible for preorder call us to reserve yours"

I call to order my new golf.... " i want the blue one with all the extras " 

" ok thats great sir, let me have your card details and we will get that ordered... it will be with you in one week "

Brilliant news! cant wait to get my new car (iphone 6)

The delivery date arrives and no car, i give it a few days and still no car..... I ring the dealership to find out where my new VW golf is.....    " Unfortunately we cant tell you when its arriving sir, we also are not allowed to insinuate when it might arrive either, but when we finally do have we are going to send it to the address you havent lived at for three years... is that ok.. " 

Just imagine the scenario.   Its not like Apple and Vodafone are small, how hard can that call be?? probably as hard as it is to get in touch with vodfone today actually. Tried various numbers, one number rang and said there is an emergancy try later, the next one i chose at ranodom rang for half hour with the WORST music i have ever heard in my life blasting down the phone... when it got to the end of the album it hung up..... But as soon as you ring the "new customer" number your greeted by a happy bloke who is willing to take your coins and be helpful. But not helpful enough to put you through to the department you actually want. The hilarity of said company being in the comunication industry also hurts me deeply.

Now im forced to join you weird keyboard warriors becasue i cant live without the latest gadget. 

Victims we are.

1 REPLY 1

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Interesting and inventive as it is, I don't think the analogy holds true.

A motor manufacturer doesn't launch a new model in umpteen countries around the world on the same day. Nor do they sell 10 million units in the first weekend. 

Motor dealers don't have 19 million customers with a large percentage clamouring for the new device all at the same time.

That's the problem - volume and human error make bad colleagues.

I ordered a 6 plus on the first day directly from Apple and it isn't scheduled to get to me until the week starting Oct 10th. I check the stock at Apple stores every day and there isn't a 6 plus anywhere in the country in any colour or memory size.

Good luck.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png