Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Threatening iMessage from @vodafone.com email address

anissaberry
3: Seeker
I've just received an iMessage saying 'I know where you live', the sender was an email address with a @vodafone.com domain (as opposed to a number)

Is this someone who works at vodafone, or has my information somehow been hacked/leaked? I have blocked them, but am still quite worried

(Apologies if in the wrong section)
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
See https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Apple/Threatening-iMessage-from-vodafone-com-email-addres/m-p/240943...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

anissaberry
I've just received an iMessage saying 'I know where you live', the sender was an email address with a @vodafone.com domain (as opposed to a number)

Is this someone who works at vodafone, or has my information somehow been hacked/leaked? I have blocked them, but am still quite worried

EDITED: received more texts, this time from a phone number saying: I still know where you live. I don't think Podge will save you.

Podge is my cat's name, what the hell??

(Apologies if in the wrong section)

Hi,

It's always unnerving when things like this occur.

Keep the iMessages and speak to Vodafone customer services.

Help link https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/vodafoneukonline/documents/assets/vf011849.pdf

Current Phone  >

anissaberry
So it turns out it was someone pranking me, though very strange how it came up as this random vodafone email the first time! Thanks though :Smiling:

Hi

Do you know who the person who has done this.

Some people find it amusing to "prank"

I don't.

Current Phone  >

@anissaberry

We can look into the origin of the email address if you like.

Please send us the details by following the instructions in this private message.

The sender must've set up iMessage to use their mobile phone number and also their email account (I've a friend who recently swapped numbers and it came from his Sky email address until he'd received his new SIM.)

However this prank is far from 'funny.'