Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to activate Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4

cornishboy
2: Seeker
Hi There Could someone please explain why I cannot set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4? everytime i attempt to set it up it directs me to a support page on Vodafone website. I am on a SIM only deal which includes 500mb data. Please can someone respond ASAP?
117 REPLIES 117

binoys
I'm having the same issue - not able to get mobile hotspot working. Was in a Vodafone store and was told very off-handedly that its not possible. Very different to what the Tech Team is saying here. Can someone please get in touch with me? Thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi binoys

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

I understand why this is causing you frustration and would love to assist, so I can check that this is provisioned on your account please follow the Private Message and either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

We also have a great step by step guide on our Help Centre to assist you with this.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi, I'm having the same problem as everyone else on here. Trying to get personal hotspot running on a PAYG, iOS5, iPhone 4 with no success. Whenever I try to activate it I simply get a useless redirect to the Vodafone website. I rang customer services and was told the complete opposite of what this forum is saying. They said the personal hotspot feature is categorically not available to iPhone PAYG customers ?? Having just bought a WIFI only iPad this would be a nice feature to have. Any help from the tech team would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi stennystenny and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for you post here. I’m afraid that iPhone hotspot is not available on pay as you go due to the iPhone specific APN that we need to use.

Thanks

Wayne

Hello

Would someone be able to tell me if i switch from O2 to Vodafone on a Sim only, that comes with 500Mb data, will tethering be included or is it extra?

THe only information on the website i can find is that it costs £15 extra, but that seems to be different information from the forum

Thanks

Hi AndrewMillard

You have already posted around this and can be found here, this has also had an answer from our community :Smiling:

Can you please refrain from posting multiple times across multiple forums as can cause confusion and may be classed as spam.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

Sorry about that, wasn't thinking!

Thanks for the quick reply

Andrew

Hello. Having the same problem with my iPhone4. On Monday I Switched from pre-June2011 £46 a month contract to a £15.50 sim only tariff - the lady on the phone was great - she bumped my data up to 1GB without me asking! Can't seem to get personal hotspot working - just a useless redirect to the vodafone website. Can anyone help? By the way, I've no idea how to open a PM - can't find an inbox on Voda account.
Dave

Addendum: I've just called vodafone and been told that tethering is not available on sim only tariffs, and that I would have to have a specific iphone tariff for tethering. She put me on hold, checked with her manager and is adamant this is the case.
This is contrary to what I was told on Monday by customer services.
I'm very confused! Can someone please help?

Still no joy. Can anyone offer a solution?