cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to stay with Vodafone is not easy!!!

sj.young
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Afternoon all...

I am small shareholder and long term costomer (10 years+) and l have been looking to upgrade my 4s to a 64gb IPhone 6, I am looking to buy a iphone 6 64gb,  not happy with the deal I have been offered, just the same as online.

I see a lot of great deals on uswitch with ee and other networks with 3rd party companiesd has anyone went down this road and good?

Many thanks...

5 REPLIES 5

Mjw456
4: Newbie
I moved my line as got a better deal elsewhere earlier on in the year, been with Vodafone for years. It's not just Vodafone, other phone companies, TV suppliers etc don't seem to reward loyalty, it's all about attracting new customers which is a shame but it is the way it is these days. Half price this, half price that if you sign up. If you can find a better deal elsewhere then the only thing to do is vote with your feet and take your money elsewhere. It's the attitude I am taking.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Mjw456 

That statement is not really correct.  

With Vodafone all customers pay the same price new and existing.  If you are an existing customer wanting to upgrade and do not get what you want, you always have the option of being put through to retentions who will do what they can to make the new offer more attractive.

As long as it is reasonable, just give Vodafone a call and tell them what you want as your new upgrade.

Only speaking from experience. No better deal offered even after requesting PAC. Perhaps I could have explained it better, I wasn't implying customers of Vodafone get half price etc. I was commenting more on other suppliers with their current offers all over the TV at the moment.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mjw456  and @sj.young 

The iPhone is sold at a set cost however you can also check if you're eligible for the Vodafone Employee Advantage scheme.

This way you may be entitled for up to 20% discount.

DaveCD

AnnS says "With Vodafone all customers pay the same price new and existing" and then goes on to say "...[Vodafone] will do what [it] can to make the new offer more attractive." That seems like a simple contradiction?

The website itself is saying: "iPhone 4s with unlimited UK texts, 300 UK minutes and 250MB of UK data for a £19 one-off cost and £18.50 a month [not inc insurance, which is another £10 a month]. Available exclusively online to the first 900 customers."

Presumably, not for existing customers in the middle of a contract ..? Especially if those are 12 month old iPhone 4S contracts where I am guessing the price was higher?

The "Come Hither" offers for new users seem carefully designed to be not directly comparable with existing package deals.

I appreciate that marketing departments exist to obfuscate and confuse, and try to prevent direct A/B comparisons of costs by adding and subtracting various extras - but those in this industry are world class bamboozlers.

I do wish the MNO operators just concentrated on being hardware-agnostic and effective airtime and number providers - and set up completely separate departments to deal with hardware if they really must mess in what has become a MASSIVELY more complex market than the one that existed even 5 years ago.