Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

jmarkevicius
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone K4201-Z USB dongle. I updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and since then Vodafone Mobile Broadband crashes on load. At first it asked me to download Java Runtime Environment (v. 8), which I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then I got in touch with Vodafone customer services. The guy reassured that downloading the latest software (v. 4.10.04.00) from busines.vodafone.com would fix the issue. I did that - it still crashes. The 'ReadMe' doesn't list OS X Yosemite as supported, so that would explain why it doesn't work. It's quite surprising that a company as big as Vodafone hasn't picked up the issue while OS X Yosemite was in testing for the last few months. So now I have nice and shiny operating system and a useless dongle packed with overpriced data that I can't access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

diamondsoftware

Hi From Belgium,

same for me,  Proximus/Vodafone software don't work anymore on Yosemite OS.

Hopefully I've 2 laptops and do Yosemite upgrade only on One.

It's true, how a so big company can't test there software with a beta version.!!!

Even me a small IT software developper I've Yosemite since few month!!!

Crazy! 

Hope they react fast...

Stephane D.

Hi jmarkevicius and diamondsoftware,

There’s isn’t currently a compatible version of the software for Yosemite.

We’ll have one available as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Wayne

Thank you dear Tech,

for feeding back us that there's no solution. But please kindly we need a reasonable answer for the problem. What should I do so? Should I close my account with your company or Should I wait couple of days? 

Best of luck, in your own problems

Kareem Daef

i have blogged the fix for this issue, u can find it in the below link.

[Removed in line with House Rules]

We need help ASAP please. We're unable to connect through our macbooks! 

Hi Kareemdaef and AbdelQaderAbdel…,

Welcome to the eForum.

You can check here, for when the latest software becomes available.

Thanks,

Sarah

Just want to lend my voice to the masses of dissatisfied customers.  Have been crashing my sweet macbook approximately five times a day for one month.  Turned it into a Windows 95 heap of....  Pick it up and be professional, please Vodafone.  By the way, if you need a copy of any of the kernel panic crash logs, please get in touch.

Any update yet? Am going mad with this... I have a K4201 I and have not been able to get it to work with Yosemite!

I know it doesn't fix your problem but was wondering if you had an IPhone or IPad on IOS 8 as they automatically tether with Yosemite.  Maybe you don't but if you do it could tide you over until the update for your dongle becomes available.