Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

jmarkevicius
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone K4201-Z USB dongle. I updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and since then Vodafone Mobile Broadband crashes on load. At first it asked me to download Java Runtime Environment (v. 8), which I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then I got in touch with Vodafone customer services. The guy reassured that downloading the latest software (v. 4.10.04.00) from busines.vodafone.com would fix the issue. I did that - it still crashes. The 'ReadMe' doesn't list OS X Yosemite as supported, so that would explain why it doesn't work. It's quite surprising that a company as big as Vodafone hasn't picked up the issue while OS X Yosemite was in testing for the last few months. So now I have nice and shiny operating system and a useless dongle packed with overpriced data that I can't access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

As previously advised by my team, we don't have any extra details than what's shown on the link above.

As and when a software update is made available, it will be posted there.

Thanks,

Ben

No need of a software update i guess....... i blogged a fix for this in the below link.

[Removed in line with House Rules]

Dear Tech Team, it has been a number of months now once Apple released Yosemite! Could you please liaise within your company to establish if and when a software update is going to be released for the K4201-Z dongle that will be compatible with the Yosemite OS that has been released by Apple for its Mac computers. It will be appreciated if you do not only refer me back to a link that shows that Vodafone only has software for the older Mavericks software. Such circular responses only add to the frustration already being felt, whereas an attempt to give a complete and informative response will be helpful. With best wishes, also for the New Year, goosenp.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Goosenp,

I'm afraid the details posted previously are the only ones we have to hand. Apologies if this isn't the answer you were hoping for.

The Yosemite requests have been passed on to the management teams.

We'll update this page as and when compatible software is launched.

Thanks,

Ben

I raised this topic on 19 October 2014.

It's now 11 January 2015.

Nothing has been done to address the issue.

I won't use Vodafone ever again.

My £15 USB dongle is useless. So is Vodafone.

Have you tried already the solution I describe before?

It's working for all usb dongles I have tested.

And I am using my Usb Vodafone dongle right now, otherwise i could'nt post here.

Regards

Hi

I've tried the procedure you described, but under Settings, Network I don't get the option to select the modem. The modem does not show up at all as an option. Maybe my problem lies with step 1...what do you mean by "just eject it"?

Apologies for the stupid questions...at the best of times these things are vague to me!

Ciska

Hello Ciska,

Sometimes when we connect the dongle, it show up in the screen an external hard disk like a memory stick.

You have to eject it, if not the system will not see it as a dongle but as an external hard disk.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards

Paulo

Please help with a working solution, for the USB dongle that doesnt work. I am paying for useless data and would appreciate a solution to my issue. 

so what is the solution?