Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

jmarkevicius
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone K4201-Z USB dongle. I updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and since then Vodafone Mobile Broadband crashes on load. At first it asked me to download Java Runtime Environment (v. 8), which I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then I got in touch with Vodafone customer services. The guy reassured that downloading the latest software (v. 4.10.04.00) from busines.vodafone.com would fix the issue. I did that - it still crashes. The 'ReadMe' doesn't list OS X Yosemite as supported, so that would explain why it doesn't work. It's quite surprising that a company as big as Vodafone hasn't picked up the issue while OS X Yosemite was in testing for the last few months. So now I have nice and shiny operating system and a useless dongle packed with overpriced data that I can't access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi @mgrobler,

Please follow the steps here for a potential workaround.

Thanks,

Matt B

Can you offer a timescale on when the vodafone mobile broadband software will be updated to work with Yosemite?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @camc56 

I'm afraid that we're not able to provide a timescale for this. 

Take a look at our statement for more info. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Do any of your mobile broadband devices work with Mac OS X Yosemite?

Want to know if I can get a new device or whether I'm going to have to go elsewhere to get mobile broadband. Waiting for some unknown date isn't going to be acceptable.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @camc56 

Our dongles are not compatible with OS X Yosemite.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Sorry disagree, I have my dongle working with Yosemite, I am just not using your software.

Hi pqueimadas

I may have missed your comment before, but could you please describe what procedure you followed to get the dongle to work without the (useless) Voda software?

Thank you! Yes I've seen it and will try it out.

I recently purchased mobile broadband from vodafone.  It wasn't a dongle that you plug into the usb port in computer but rather sits seperately and makes a mobile hotspot that any laptop including macbook pro running yosemite picks us. No software required.

Surely this would be a solution to the issue in this thread and perhaps a free change of equipment could be offered by vodafone.

It is vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R207