Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

jmarkevicius
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone K4201-Z USB dongle. I updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and since then Vodafone Mobile Broadband crashes on load. At first it asked me to download Java Runtime Environment (v. 8), which I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then I got in touch with Vodafone customer services. The guy reassured that downloading the latest software (v. 4.10.04.00) from busines.vodafone.com would fix the issue. I did that - it still crashes. The 'ReadMe' doesn't list OS X Yosemite as supported, so that would explain why it doesn't work. It's quite surprising that a company as big as Vodafone hasn't picked up the issue while OS X Yosemite was in testing for the last few months. So now I have nice and shiny operating system and a useless dongle packed with overpriced data that I can't access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Just to reconfirm, our K4201 dongle is not compatiable with OS X Yosemite. 

However some of our other devices are, take a look at our Mobile broadband software page for more info.

Thanks,

Amanda  

You might want to put a message to that effect on the page where you buy the dongles? This has been a problem for over half a year now and you are still selling the dongle without any warning that for a large proportion of people it won't work at all. It seems like you are purposefully misleading people to get them into a contract with you. 

I know that it won't mean anything to you but I certainly won't risk buying anything from you again.

Hi @junkie1201 and @johnnyphilb

It’s a shame that you feel this way and appreciate your feedback.

You can find further information available on our software page.

Thanks,

Sarah

Smailz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We are now a year from release of MacOS 10.10 Yosemite, plus 6 months of the Beta being available to developers. And where is Vodafone with the update to make millions of WW devices used on Macs with their release update? Absolutely nowhere. I have kept monitoring these pages and the latest release pages for months and all I can see is excuses and a few apologies. Now my Macbook crashed last night after I tried to use my Broadband modem for the first time after installing Yosemite 10.10.5. I am fed up and I will take my business elsewhere. This is a great shame.

I'm from Italy.

My USB is K3806-Z and I have MAC with Yosemite.

Same problem.

Solved with Greek Firmware.

In Italy is working fine.

http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/vmcr10?request_locale=en#tab2025829493596940556_111_1_5_17_21_55

Thanks Lorenzo,

would you expect a different modem will also work (I have a K4605). Have you upgraded to MacOS 10.10.5 and tested after the upgrade? Thanks!

P.S.: sono anch'io Italiano

Yes!!! The K4605 is listed as supported and after installing the Greek update the OS has not crashed! Let's hope it is stable but this is excellent news for now! Thank you again Lorenzo!

It works for this device: For the devices Κ4505, Κ3806, Κ4605, Κ3770, Κ4510, Κ3772, Κ4201, Κ4203, K4505-Z, K5006-Z, K5008-Z, K4201-Z

I have the K3806-Z and it works too.

Goosenp

Dear fellow Mac users ... I have tried the download from Vodacom in Greece and it works very well.  The technical support of Vodacom is terrible and quite disgraceful.  It is with relief that I no longer have to rely on it, and I will always avoid any Vodacom products in the future.  Vodacom clearly does not realise how many (and growing) Mac users there are outside of its insular environment.