Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

jmarkevicius
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone K4201-Z USB dongle. I updated my operating system to OS X Yosemite and since then Vodafone Mobile Broadband crashes on load. At first it asked me to download Java Runtime Environment (v. 8), which I did, but it still wouldn't work. Then I got in touch with Vodafone customer services. The guy reassured that downloading the latest software (v. 4.10.04.00) from busines.vodafone.com would fix the issue. I did that - it still crashes. The 'ReadMe' doesn't list OS X Yosemite as supported, so that would explain why it doesn't work. It's quite surprising that a company as big as Vodafone hasn't picked up the issue while OS X Yosemite was in testing for the last few months. So now I have nice and shiny operating system and a useless dongle packed with overpriced data that I can't access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

please advise on the solution you implemented. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@patmolefe Have you had a look through the thread, as there are multiple possible solutions. 

If none of these help you, could you please provide more details regarding your issue, to allow us to help further. 

Hi,

has Vodafone develop a new software?I cannot use my USB key...

Hi @MonicaPrincic,

As stated above we have no updates at the moment.

Please follow the link that's been posted on this thread and you'll be able to check for the updated version.

Thanks,

Matt B

pqueimadas

Hello,

I put my k3806-z working on Yosemite.

1 - When u insert the dongle, just eject it .

2 - Go to System preferences -- Network and select your modem (on my case was K3806).

3 - On Telephone number just put #99.

4 - go to advanced and in model just change Dial-up to GPRS-(GSM/3G)

5 - turn back to network properties and in your dongle just press connect.

It works for me and i hope for you all too.

Regards

Dear pqueimadas

I registered on this site just to thank you. This is a worldwide issue and I dont think Vodafone realises how many people use Yosemite. Regardless, you made sure that we did not need them and their half hearted customer service. Thank you once again for posting this solution. Just an additional tip, the same fix works for the K4201I model too.

Happy Surfing !!

anilkadiyala

i have blogged the solution for this in the below link.

[Removed in line with House Rules]

sclarch
1: Seeker

Hi,

Vodafone Greece appear to have released VMB 04.10.08.00 at the end of last year already... they say it is OSX Yosemite compatible but I have not installed it yet.

http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/vmcr10?request_locale=en#tab2025829493596940556_111_1_5_17_21_55

I can't understand why it does not appear on any other country's vodafone page, only Greece. Is it legitimate software (no https on vodafone greece..) ? or maybe Vodafone are using Greece to test their beta versions?

And on security.. does anyone else get a "Firefox could not verify this website because the issuer is unknown" security warning when accessing Vodafone UK business support website?

https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

Come on Vodafone.. please keep your security certificates fully verified, there's no way I can install software downloaded from a website that gives me "i have maybe been compromised" security warning when I access it.

Thanks

Hi @sclarch

The software available on our Greece website isn't compatible in the UK.

If you're having trouble accessing our business support page, please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser.

Thanks,

Rodney

Hi there

I am also still waiting for a solution. I had my USB stick for a couple of weeks and then couldn't use it anymore. 

Kind regards

M