Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

USB dongle software not compatible with OS X Yosemite

SOLVED
View solved solution
1: Seeker

I'm from Italy.

My USB is K3806-Z and I have MAC with Yosemite.

Same problem.

Solved with Greek Firmware.

In Italy is working fine.

http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/vmcr10?request_locale=en#tab2025829493596940556_111_1_5_17_21_55

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Thanks Lorenzo,

would you expect a different modem will also work (I have a K4605). Have you upgraded to MacOS 10.10.5 and tested after the upgrade? Thanks!

P.S.: sono anch'io Italiano

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Yes!!! The K4605 is listed as supported and after installing the Greek update the OS has not crashed! Let's hope it is stable but this is excellent news for now! Thank you again Lorenzo!

View more options

It works for this device: For the devices Κ4505, Κ3806, Κ4605, Κ3770, Κ4510, Κ3772, Κ4201, Κ4203, K4505-Z, K5006-Z, K5008-Z, K4201-Z

I have the K3806-Z and it works too.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Dear fellow Mac users ... I have tried the download from Vodacom in Greece and it works very well.  The technical support of Vodacom is terrible and quite disgraceful.  It is with relief that I no longer have to rely on it, and I will always avoid any Vodacom products in the future.  Vodacom clearly does not realise how many (and growing) Mac users there are outside of its insular environment. 

View more options

Please help with a working solution, for the USB dongle that doesnt work. I am paying for useless data and would appreciate a solution to my issue. 

View more options

so what is the solution? 

View more options

please advise on the solution you implemented. 

View more options

@patmolefe Have you had a look through the thread, as there are multiple possible solutions. 

If none of these help you, could you please provide more details regarding your issue, to allow us to help further. 

View more options