Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unknown incoming calls on iPhone 6s Plus

mrflory
3: Seeker
Hi! I've recently (the last 3 days) developed an issue with all of my incoming calls being seen as unknown on the screen... Having spoken with Vodafone twice and trying a couple of "fixes" I still have the same issue.. Any help would be massively appreciated! :Smiling:
9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Try a hard reboot of the phone, it is data safe so you won't lose anything.

Hold the Home and the On/off buttons down u till the Apple logo appears then release and let the phone reboot itself. This clears most glitches.

mrflory
Yeh I've tried that reset a couple of times along with a firmware update and syncing with iTunes. I also removed the SIM card for about 10 mins then added it again but to no avail 😕

kids

When you call someone does your number show up for them to see?

Some months ago there were some posts with the same problem as yours and from memory I think it was a problem at Vodafone's end,

mrflory
Yeh my number is showing up. I did see something about it from a while back when I first started looking online for people with similar issues and if have to agree and say it's a Vodafone issue..

kids

matt_muirhead
2: Seeker
Hi I have had this problem also for a week now. I have tried many hard resets, resetting network settings and have also installed the new iOS 9.3 hoping it might help but still nothing. I'm pretty sure my voicemail is not working because I have rung my phone using my landline and left it ring for quite a while and eventually it ended with the busy tone. I have contacted live chat many times and they always seem to think at first it's something to do with my contacts and then when I explain more they say the only option is to do a factory reset which I am reluctant to do. Someone please help me because I need to know when my work are calling on my day off so I can ignore it! Thanks in advance

kids

To rule out it being a problem with the handset itself are you able to try your sim in a friends phone to see if your number can receive calls and display the number. and vice-versa to see if your friends sim in your phone can receive calls and see the numbers.?

If the problem occurs with your sim in a different phone it is an account / sim problem if it happens with a friends sim in your phone it is a phone problem.

matt_muirhead
I did try my sim in my mates iPhone 5 but he is on EE so it asked for activation. I have another mate on the same network who also has a iPhone 6s so will have to try see if I can swap sims with him and get back to you. I really would rather not try a factory reset tbh but if I have to then I will do it.

kids

If your sim produces the same results in your friends phone it will point to a problem with your account so a restore will not be needed.

Likewise if you friends sim works OK in your phone that indicates that the problem is not phone related.