Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock iPhone from France

LauLeLien
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently bought a iPhone locked to Vodafone from France. I would like to unlock It so I bought a pat as you go sim on EBay. I Know I have to wait 1 Month but I also need the IMEI number. This is my probleme because *#06# doesn’t work. Do I have to top up my sim? Is there just no network in France?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is it locked to Vodafone UK?

If so it needs to be used on the Vodafone UK Network in the U.k for 30 days making calls and sending texts etc. 

The imei number should be in a few places as detailed in this help link. 

I.e. Back of the iPhone / SIM Tray or in its settings. 

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-find-iphone-imei-number-3534703/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

Just to understand where you're at with this (as the below seems not normal.

1. You bought a phone locked to Vodafone UK from France (so the seller was located there?)

2. You have a Vodafone UK sim card in the phone?

3. Have you been able to activate the iPhone (attaching to wifi and putting in your details)?

If the above is all correct then you should be able to access your iphone and be able to dial *#06# to get the IMEI. The sim card should also pick up a network (I usually find myself roaming on SFR in France).

What message are you seeing on your iPhone? I think we need to understand if your problem is more serious (and you can't activate the iPhone with Apple)

Hi,

I bought the phone from a UK seller. I have a free pay to go vodafone sim card in my phone and I have been able to activate the phone because of the sim. When I call *#06# it just doesn’t do anything. My sim isn’t toped up. I already tried to unlock my phone by copying the IMEI number from my settings even if I haven’t used it for a month and the said me the number wasn’t correct.

Thank you

BandOfBrothers

Hey @LauLeLien

In order for Vodafone U.K To see the iPhones details on its systems to be able to process an Unlock To All Networks (NUC) request the SIM card will needed to have been inserted in the iPhone and used in the Uk on the Uk Vodafone Network.

Have you fulfilled this requirement ?

Current Phone  >

I haven’t used it in a UK network and I can’t. It is a very but problem to me because without the unlocking I won’t Be able to call send messages. Is there an other solution?

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

As I see this you have a few options. 

1, Contact the the original owner and ask them to request it's unlock. 

2, Send the phone to someone you may know in the uk and they use it for 30 days using a Vodafone U.K. Payg SIM card and then they request it's unlock , unlock it and post it back to you. Obviously weighing up the shipping costs. Unlocking is free. 

3, Sell it and use the funds to buy a phone open to your network or open to all networks. 

Vodafone U.K. Wouldn't be able to circumvent their process for unlocking. 

Apple wouldn't engage with you over a network locked iPhone. 

Help links. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Network-unlock-codes/81196967/How-do-I-unlock-my-Vo...

Current Phone  >

The other person told me when hé his in France he receives SFR network so if I top up my sim with internet it might work?

BandOfBrothers

@LauLeLien wrote:

The other person told me when hé his in France he receives SFR network so if I top up my sim with internet it might work?

The link I added explains the process. 

It's not for me to tell you not to do something to try but imo it won't probably work.

Just to also mention........

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email a person to confirm it's been requested to Apple after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

I’ m going to try and I hope it will work. 

Thank you