Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock phone form

Rar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

Please can you help as I have called your customer service team 3 times and no one can provide a definite answer. 

I have purchased a iPhone 6 from a Vodafone customer.  The owner is happy to complete the unlock form however what Sim mobile number needs to be entered into the form. 

1) Does the owner need to fill in his sim mobile number? Note, he now uses this Sim number for his new upgrade phone so will be unable to swap this into the old iPhone if a signal is needed to be sent to the old phone to unlock it.

2) Can I fill in my Sim number instead on the form . I have a EE Sim and a Vodafone business Sim.

Please help as no one has been able to confirm an answer so far. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rar

The original owner needs to use their Vodafone mobile number in the unlock form.

There isn't a need to reinsert their SIM card in the iPhone you now have. 

I assume they have erased all content and settings so you can key in your Apple ID and the phone will release its activation lock so it will accept your own SIM card. 

Another option could be for you to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card, activate it and top it up.

Then for a minimum of 30 days use that Vodafone Payg SIM card in the phone to make calls, send texts , use data. This is I believe to log the iPhones imei number on Vodafones systems.

There is no unlocking fee for Payg or Contract Customers. 

After 30 days you then fill out the form using your details and that Payg mobile number.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

If a person is already on Vodafone then x3 payments need to have been paid on time for Contract Customers. See link below. 

Vodafones faqs on unlocking > Unlocking-your-phone-NUC.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Rar

The original owner needs to use their Vodafone mobile number in the unlock form.

There isn't a need to reinsert their SIM card in the iPhone you now have. 

I assume they have erased all content and settings so you can key in your Apple ID and the phone will release its activation lock so it will accept your own SIM card. 

Another option could be for you to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card, activate it and top it up.

Then for a minimum of 30 days use that Vodafone Payg SIM card in the phone to make calls, send texts , use data. This is I believe to log the iPhones imei number on Vodafones systems.

There is no unlocking fee for Payg or Contract Customers. 

After 30 days you then fill out the form using your details and that Payg mobile number.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

If a person is already on Vodafone then x3 payments need to have been paid on time for Contract Customers. See link below. 

Vodafones faqs on unlocking > Unlocking-your-phone-NUC.

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your help.

I will do as you suggest and add my email so that I get notified of the unlock code when it has been sent from Apple.  As the previous owner is willing to fill the form it seems like the quickest and cheapest option.

SuprSwgr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i left UK a year ago, and moved to india, i have an iPhone 4S which has Vodafone Uk sim card in it, now i tried to put Vodafone India sim card in it but i get activation error that contact your carrier, i tried to fill unlocj form but no help, they say come to the store in uk but thats not possible i need help please unlock my phone i will provide all details like imei and serial number, i can use phone with wifi but. no sim. 

BandOfBrothers

@SuprSwgr

Vodafone UK can only request an unlock of an iphone to Apple if its details are showing still on their systems. 

If it isnt then your stuck unless you can send the iPhone to someone you know in the UK and they use a Vodafone payg sim card in the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and then request the unlock using the new Payg details and then ship it back to you. Shipping costs would have to be checked. 

That or see if a local shop displays an unlocking service for that make and model of iPhone. 

That or sell it on and buy a phone that accepts your networks sim card. 

Current Phone  >

i left UK a year ago, and moved to india, i have an iPhone 4S which has Vodafone Uk sim card in it, now i tried to put Vodafone India sim card in it but i get activation error that contact your carrier, i tried to fill unlocj form but no help, they say come to the store in uk but thats not possible i need help please unlock my phone i will provide all details like imei and serial number, i can use phone with wifi but. no sim.