Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade options with current iPhone 5

JohnThornton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm now able to upgrade my phone and or price plan with Vodafone and I wonder -

My iPhone 5 is currently working on 3G, if I keep my phone, can it be updated to receive 4G?

Are the SIM deals as simple as they appear? They per month prices are much more attractive and I maybe willing to keep my phone another 12 months.

Is there anything else I need to know about the benefits of keeping my current 2 year old phone?

Any help/advice would be great!

Johnboy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The iPhone 5 is NOT 4G compatible, so, whilst you can upgrade to a 4G plan (which will give you things like extra data and Spotify) you won't be able to get faster internet speed than 3G.

The SIM Only Deals are as simple as they seem, just change to one and continue using your current SIM and number!

One of the key benefits of keeping your phone would that you are able to reduce your monthly payments.  If you are happy with the phone, why not?  Although, one thing to bear in mind is that phone batteries do tend to wear out after a while and it could be slightly pricey to repair. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

The iPhone 5 is NOT 4G compatible, so, whilst you can upgrade to a 4G plan (which will give you things like extra data and Spotify) you won't be able to get faster internet speed than 3G.

The SIM Only Deals are as simple as they seem, just change to one and continue using your current SIM and number!

One of the key benefits of keeping your phone would that you are able to reduce your monthly payments.  If you are happy with the phone, why not?  Although, one thing to bear in mind is that phone batteries do tend to wear out after a while and it could be slightly pricey to repair. 

PWIAC

Perfect, thanks for your reply. The phone is in good condition so I think another 12 months at a reduced rate wouldn't be a bad idea. The 4G with Spotify and Sky Sports TV add-on's are tempting but I need to be sensible this time.

Thank you